What's new

What blades work/don't work for you in a Razorock Teck II?

Just the Razorock Teck II please. It should be interesting to find how different blades work with it.
If you get a great shave or a bad one, please share.
We can decide that a razor is mild but, on changing the blade, sometimes we have to change our opinion of the razor.
I shaved today with a Baili Blue and had a decent shave considering it was the fifth shave with that blade.
I'll start tomorrow with a fresh blade.

Blade that didn't work quite well: Bic Chrome.
Blades that work: Anything from the Russian P&G factory (Astra, Gillete Platinum, Polsilever SI, KC Gillette...). I've found that all these blades are pretty close if not identical, and work very well in all of my razors, this one included.

I was participating in a couple of threads about which blades work. My comment was that it can dramatically depend on the razor. I left it at that, but Ebberman (or his dog) picked it up and ran with it, so here we are today.
Several years ago, a retail shop had Teck II's on sale stupidly cheap. He had gotten in a shipment of them and some after shave leaked all over them. I got several, mostly to give out to friends or colleagues who showed interest in DE shaving.
I decided to try one and was surprised that it shaved close to a real Gillette Tech, despite the goofy suppository-end handle. The longer handle was easy to control. Since then I put on a different handle, but it's a little too heavy. Nevertheless, it shaves well.
Teck II.jpg

So far, I've used several blades, and have gotten close & smooth shaves:
Super Max Blue Diamond
BiC Chrome Platinum
Gillette Silver Blue
For this evaluation, I'll use various brushes, but always the same soap: HC&C Emperor Oud - not because it's a favorate, but to use it up. I don't care for the scent, but it lathers & shaves well.

Eventually I'll try some Treet Carbon blades that are smooth & close in some of my Open Combs, but are truly awful in Techs.

Last edited:
I've just shaved with the Teck II and Proraso Green pre-shave and tube shaving cream. That will be the same throughout the assessment.
Today was the turn of a Zorrik Stainless fresh out of the wrapper. A decent shave, as I expected. I was a bit rushed and had a tiny nick - my fault. Because I have many razors and blades I'd never tried this combination before.
I usually get 4 or 5 shaves with a Zorrik, and that's not bad considering the cost.
If I buy 800 they cost 2.3 pence each. If I buy 1600 they cost 1.8 pence each, p&p free.
I often find I prefer the second and third shave with a blade, so I'm looking forward to tomorrow.
The combination of razor and blade was not mild or aggressive. It was just right, provided you respect the equipment and your face.
I'll post again when I move on to the next blade in my rotation.
If you want to buy the blades from me then I was lying about the price I paid!

Todays' Teck II shave was with a Lord Platinum, not my favorite blade in Gillette Techs, Slim, or Super Speeds, BUT excellent in the Razorock Teck II
Same HC&C Emperor Oud as all previous shaves.
The 2nd pass was already smoother than with previous blades, but the GSB's were a close 2nd.

Todays' Teck II shave was with a Lord Platinum, not my favorite blade in Gillette Techs, Slim, or Super Speeds, BUT excellent in the Razorock Teck II
Interesting. That exactly the sort of thing we were hoping to discover.
I've never owned or tried a Lord Platinum, but I have a Lord razor which I don't think much of.

Today and yesterday I shaved with the same Zorrik blade with no problem. That's 3 shaves. I usually get 4 or 5 shaves from it, but I'll chuck it and move on to the next in rotation - my least favourite blade, Supermax Stainless. I usually get 2 shaves from it and would never buy again.

A big shock for me today. I used a Supermax Stainless. In the Teck II it was the best shave I've had this year. Baby bottom smooth, and not a hint of redness - that can be a problem for me since I shave every day. I have sensitive skin but can't stand it feeling like glasspaper.
Until now I had regretted buying them. When friends asked if I had some blades to spare, I was glad to get rid of the Supermax.
Not any more. At last I have a use for them, and at £8 for 200 I don't mind if I get only 2 shaves per blade.
I've learnt something and I'm really pleased. I won't be putting any more Zorrik in the Teck II.
I have another 31 blades to try, but I don't think anything will beat the Supermax for me.

Gillette Rubie is great in my Gillette Tech but not the Baili bd191 (same as Razorock tech 2)
I'm new, so forgive me if this is old news. But I was trying to find why the Tech2 (Baili) is so smooth. I think it is because of the "shoulders" at both ends of the blade edge. The cutting edge is essentially surrounded by a continuous safety bar. I haven't found this on any other razor yet.

It's true that the ends don't protrude on the Teck II.
On some razors the ends are enclosed:
Hill & Drew HDRB40 Butterfly, but not the 3-piece, about £10 - an excellent razor
Merkur Futur, and copies of, £7
Neatt (Pakistan) the price has gone up to £4.59 - an excellent razor
Weidi 3-piece– Aliexpress and Amazon £10/£20

There must be more, but I can't think of them now.
I don't know if enclosed ends has anything to do with a smooth shave, but I'm not an expert.
I like the ends covered so that I don't scratch my face.
I don't buy Gillette blades any more, because they don't make blades. They get other people to make them and/or buy the factory.
It is a brand, a cuckoo. P&G is a disgusting company that buys companies, sucks them dry of resources then spits them out - sells them.
I have several Baili razors. The BD 176/178 silver/rose - mild
The BD 179 and BT 171, both medium aggressive.
I'm glad you told me about the BD191 being same as Teck II. I really want to stop buying razors regardless of how cheap.

Do you have other blades to try? I'm trying to build a list of blades that are good/bad in a Teck II. So, we can forget Gillette Rubie.

I'm going to pull my Baili BD 176 out of the storage closet, I'm going to shave my beard tomorrow with a Lord Platinum blade to see how the razor performs.

I'll be shaving my head tomorrow too.

Now that I have a large lot of blades purchased by 10 on razorbladeclub, I'll be coming here to give feedback.

@Ebberman , You give me the motivation, I like the experiences, good or bad, I'm a jackass.

Next I tried a Laser blade. They claim to be triple coated, but no mention of what the coatings are. I paid £12 for 400 including tax and postage from India. Surprise again. A smooth mild shave, similar to the Supermax Stainless. I'm beginning to think that the razor is responsible. I haven't had such smooth shaves with these blades when using another razor.
Today I tried a Treet 7 Days (platinum). Same thing. Super mild shave. No cuts, no redness, but not the closest of shaves.
Tomorrow I try the 7 Days in a different razor for comparison.

Little return as promised, shaving the head in two passes with a new Shark SS blade.

No irritation, no burning, no bleeding, no shaving spots.

The result is excellent, the skin on my head is BBS.

In the evening I will shave my beard with a Lord platinum and use the same combination.

I will make a feedback.

DSC00236.JPG

Razor : Baili BD176
Soap : Palmolive stick
Brush : Wilkinson
Blade : Shark SS

I forgot to take a picture of my Nivea sensitive balm.

Evening shave, a new blade Lord platinum, a WTG pass because of my sensitive skin,
little irritation, no burns, no cuts, the result is a SAS.

I used the same combination, razor, soap, and brush.

In the next few days I will try other blades in this razor.

When I used the same Treet 7 Days blade in a different razor (a Neatt, a lovely razor from Pakistan, £4.59 from ebay UK), I got what I expected - a slightly aggressive shave. The Razorock Teck II is toning down all the blades. Next I shall try Astra and Rapira. If I can't get a decent shave with those two then I'll put the Teck II back in the box and move on.
It looks to me as if the Teck II is a beginners' razor. A present for my young son.

Razor : Baili BD176
But if you are not using a Razorock then what am I learning from your experience?
My experiment was to find which blades did, and did not, suit the Razorock Teck II.
So far I'm finding that most blades can't cut you, and can't give a good close shave.

But if you are not using a Razorock then what am I learning from your experience?
My experiment was to find which blades did, and did not, suit the Razorock Teck II.
So far I'm finding that most blades can't cut you, and can't give a good close shave.

The Razorock Teck II is also called Baili BD 191 and is the same head as the Baili BD 176.

Razorock Teck II = Baili BD 191
Razorock DE1 = Baili BD 176

The Razorock Teck II is also called Baili BD 191 and is the same head as the Baili BD 176.

Razorock Teck II = Baili BD 191
Razorock DE1 = Baili BD 176
Fair enough. I didn't know. Anyway, earlier today I tried The Teck II with a Rapira blade, and had a proper close shave. It took more than three passes, and I had to push the razor on to my face a little. Of course, the Rapira is known to be a fierce blade.
So, I get a close shave with a Rapira, with a little effort, and a beginner's safe shave with the other blades I've tried.
Admittedly, the Zorrik gave a fairly close shave, but it wasn't comfortable.
I think I'll put the Teck II away. It's starting to bore me.

Top Bottom