What's new

What blades/handles do you find work best in the Blackbird OC

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
Not really digging the default handle. I'd appreciate links to handles you feel work well. Also, What blades have you found work best?

Not really digging the default handle. I'd appreciate links to handles you feel work well. Also, What blades have you found work best?

For me I find:

Feathers for Efficiency and Bolzano for almost as efficient extremely smooth

The Personnas that come with the blade create to much chatter across the face for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They are slippery as all get out, especially for head shaving. Out of 100+ razors i own they are about the worst in this regard. The Karve in contrast is pretty perfect.

what do you mean by that?
proxy.php

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
Thanks!
For me I find:

The Personnas that come with the blade create to much chatter across the face for me.

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
I agree. It shaves like nothing else but the handle is really awful. The Karve, as you said, is perfect.
They are slippery as all get out, especially for head shaving. Out of 100+ razors i own they are about the worst in this regard. The Karve in contrast is pretty perfect.

proxy.php

Bullgoose is now selling the Asylum RX handle on it's own for $50. I don't know if that will fit but it's a handsome option if so. For now I'm using my cheap Boss/SABI handle which is a bit too heavy but at least it works. The smaller version of this handle is sold with the $35 Matador Toro Mastiff Corto and I expect would be a spot on fit.
I agree. It shaves like nothing else but the handle is really awful. The Karve, as you said, is perfect.
proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Last edited:
I like Personna, Voskhod, and Ladas blades. I use the 70mm stock handle so, but my Wolfman and UFO handles work with it. I think I’ve seen pics with Weber bulldog handles as well.

I actually love the stock BB handle, never had an issue with it slipping. I'm not sure who makes specific aftermarket handles for it.

I've used only GSB and the stock handle. Both work well for me. I choke up on the handle and it works like a charm.

The slippery issue is much more a problem on my head shave than the beard. I can grip it just under the head but it's not a natural or desirable position, and the BB is the only razor where this is necessary.. Even the slippery looking Futur is better.

Last edited:
For me I find:

Funny, I just started a thread any chatter from blackbird and got crucified by people saying it isn't possible or it's technique.

Top Bottom