What's new

What Blades Can You Buy Locally

Here in Croatia you can buy Wilkinson sword (german)(1.59 €) and Gillette Platinum new (2€) mostly at most of supermarkets.
In barber supply stores you can find even BIC (1.39€), Bolzano(1€), Asra SP(1€), Derby(0.92€), Elios (1.79€) and Personna(1.53)€. Prices are for tuck.

and KCG of course for 7.29€

German Wilkinson Swords and King C. Gillette…the dollar store had(has?) Chinese made blades that smelled like motor oil…never had the heart to try them.

Here in Portugal:
King C. Gillette
Cosmia (Auchan store brand)

Slim pickings that remind me how much we depend on online merchants.

B.

Somewhere in Canada, the only ones available in brick & mortar stores:

KGandW.jpg

Pretty scarce around here, Louisiana. Walmart, Target and Walgreens have a few. I use Amazon, we have a distribution center loca, I can have almost any blade in 3 days.

Local stores:
King C Gillette
Van der Hagen

In my corner of the EU you can only get the Russian made Gillette Platinum/KCG (which I don't buy for obvious reasons) and the German Wilkinson. The German Wilkinson is a fine blade, I could shave with it for decades no problems. But I get my blades from RBC online to mix it up a bit.

Here in the UK it is quite rare to find DE blades for sale in a supermarket. That said my local Waitrose has always had Wilkinson Sword Classic (German) available on the shelves. I am unlikely to actually buy any though as Waitrose can not compete with the prices available on connaughtshaving.com

The last time I was in that shop, they featured these, but availability does cause changes. They used to carry Merkur but stopped and took on the Astras.

Wilkinson Sword
Feather
VDH
Astra Platinum
Personna Platinum (Israel)

The last place I looked was meijer and they had store brand Personna selling for some obscene price. There was only one pack and it looked like it had been there a while. I have seen King C. Gillette, Gillette Platinum, and, Van der Hagen and assured. I may have run across derby too. I am pretty picky with blades. I'll use the gillettes and personnas from the local fare, but VdH and the chinese blades no thanks.

I've never thought to look. But in four years of safety razor shaving, nothing has jumped out to me at Hannafords. I'll have to check next I go.

Vanderhagen, persona, bevel, CVS branded de blades, NEX de blades. Didn’t see any in Scotland maybe better luck in Estonia. Any store I go to I always look. U.S. and Abroad

I've never thought to look. But in four years of safety razor shaving, nothing has jumped out to me at Hannafords. I'll have to check next I go.

Checked one of my regular Hannafords.
Nothing but mens and womens cartridges and razors.

Hmm, can get VDH blades at Walmart/KingC at Walgreens/Shavely at Dollar General/Daxton at Family Dollar. I have used all of those with varied results. Prefer to get mine online. Better choices/results

Here in Belgium, Leuven region supermarket Delhaize has KCG blades at aboout 6 € for 10 and they used to have those plastic 10packs no names (i bought a pack, it said made in Israel, so Personna?) the pack looks like those Solimo ones from Amazon) for about 1,80 € per 10pack.
Here in Belgium the Dutch chain of stores called Hema also sells their rebranded DE blades, never tried them, could be anything... those dutchmen will sell anything is my experience.

So i have to buy online for good choice and price (just bought a 100pack of Dorco ST301 on Amazon. These blades are totally ok for me in my 2 OC razors (Fatip and Yaqi mellon).

Top Bottom