What's new

What blade with slant?

Hando has kindly lent me his 37c. I currently use a Fatboy/Slim with a Feather/Gillette Yellow. What blade do you recommend? Mild or Sharp Derby or Feather. Any other tips gratefully received.

Hando has kindly lent me his 37c. I currently use a Fatboy/Slim with a Feather/Gillette Yellow. What blade do you recommend? Mild or Sharp Derby or Feather. Any other tips gratefully received.

Start with a mild Derby until you get used to how the Slant handles ... shouldn't take more than a 2 or 3 shaves, a week tops.

Once you understand the unique dynamics of the razor, upgrade to Feather, and never look back.

Start with a mild Derby until you get used to how the Slant handles ... shouldn't take more than a 2 or 3 shaves, a week tops.

Once you understand the unique dynamics of the razor, upgrade to Feather, and never look back.

I use Red Pack Israeli Personna blades. Close. Smooth. Irritation Free.

Feather is my choice in the slant. This week I am trying out Super Iridiums and am not enjoying it. The first shave was not as close or comfortable as a Feather and today's was close but was weeper city. Feather's dont leave me with any weepers. I did go faster than normal though as it was a morning shave.

Top Bottom