What's new

What blade have you found works best in your late model Superspeed

I'm a die hard GSB user.

Yesterday I loaded a new one in my black handle SS. In all fairness this was the first time I've ever used the black handle.

I had a blech shave. It was "okay" to be charitable. When you nail a shave you know it and feel it, and that didn't happen when I paired the GSB in my SS.

Today I took the blade out and loaded it in my go-to metal TTO knob Schick Krona and just had the typical spectacular baby smooth, irritation free shave I've grown accustomed to from that pairing.

So late model SS users, what is your go-to blade for that razor?

Thanks all!

'70 black handle.

Gillette Platinum (Russian) absolutely sing in that razor.
Rapira Platinum Lux work very well.
Kai is good in any razor for me, including the SS's.
Personna Blue ("Lab") is a steady performer in the black handle.

The black handle SS was an eye opener for me when I first tried it. Hope you find the right match. Good luck!

In all fairness this was the first time I've ever used the black handle.

I had a blech shave. It was "okay" to be charitable. When you nail a shave you know it and feel it, and that didn't happen when I paired the GSB in my SS.

Not saying it isn't a blade issue, but my Super Speed had been out of rotation for a while when I recently returned to it. Had a terrible shave. Maybe the worst ever. Thought I had a dud Wilkinson. Replaced the blade with a Personna, but it still took a couple shaves to dial the SS in. I came to the conclusion that the extensive use of other razors, primarily Merkurs and Schicks, over the course of many months had thrown my technique with the SS off a bit.

Yea it could be me rather than blade/razor pairing. I'm going to try my earlier models (40's) next and see if I get similar results. I may not be accustomed to the shorter handle as I've tended to gravitate to the longer handle DE's.

Top Bottom