What's new

What blade do you use?

I have just ordered a gillette Fat Boy and Supper Speed, and I wanted to know what blades mats people use with theese razors. I have read where some say that Feathers are good in a Merkur HD, but very rough in a Gillette SS. Also, have read even some who say US personna are great in Gillettes I know that in an HD they are not good. Please list your blade preferance with your particular razor.

It is a total YMMV thing that you have to try for your yourself, to be honest. Since I have 50-some blades from John, plus the Merkurs I already had and 100 Derbys off e-Bay, I am still using and rotating the 4 major flavors (minus the Merkurs) just for the fun of it. I can get a very good shave with any of them which is the challenge, but some are more challenging than others... :biggrin:

Dennis

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
I've had very good success with Israeli Personnas, Derbys, Swedish Gillettes, and Feathers. Each seems to find a place in one of my razors.

Thanks to the donations of a few generous friends I've fallen in love with Derby and Tesco blades (especially the Tesco blades - these rock.)... Thanks to my benevolent sponsors.

The Feather and a Gillette Adjustable appears to be a winning combination. Still experimenting though as I'm new to the many types of blades available.

I almost wept when I tried my first feather blade, made the merkur's I was using look like butter knives!

However you may find a different brand is perfect for you. What I did was get order a sampler pack from letterk. Just send him a PM. My sampler came with Feathers, Merkur, Derby, Swedish Gillette, and Israelli.

Have fun.

Derby's seem to be the belle of the ball, at the moment. But, in my HD a Feather cuts so smoothly. I really need the Derby's to save my neck from the irritation that would ensue if I used the Feathers...

Swedish Gillettes in my Gillette Heavyweight Superspeed (nickfree shaving). Oddly enough, they don't work in my Gillette 1968 Knack. Derby extra and BIC in my other razors.

Top Bottom