What's new

What blade do you occasionally use that when you do, you wonder why don’t I use this blade more often?

Feathers. I have like nearly 100 of them and I rarely use them. I think because they cost so much more than other blades I like and don't have good longevity (for me). I have a Merkur 34C being generously PIF'd to me and I ought to pop a feather in there. As well as my Slim adjustable.

Wilkinson Sword Classic (Made in Germany).
These were the first DE blades I used when I had my first round with wet shaving a decade ago. They were cheap and easy to buy because Walmart had them in store. I still have some and I use them once in a while.
I think they're underated and get lost among all the other brands that exist. Even owning them I overlook them because I tend to grab other blades that I feel that I like as well. And it's hard to stick to one blade when you have so many blades at your disposal.
They're Reliable, work well in practically every razor, sharp enough and smooth.
I think I'm gonna use them more often!

Feathers. I have like nearly 100 of them and I rarely use them. I think because they cost so much more than other blades I like and don't have good longevity (for me). I have a Merkur 34C being generously PIF'd to me and I ought to pop a feather in there. As well as my Slim adjustable.
Funny you mentioned that. I felt the same way about Feathers. If I didn't use it in my Lady Gillette, I only got about 3 good shaves from 1 blade. In the Lady Gillette 5-6 shaves. Once placed in my RR Gamechangers or Lupo, I'm getting 24-33 shaves from 1 blade. It's not you, it's the razor.

marty

As Soon As I Saw the Topic, I immediately thought: Lord Platinum, Shark SS, Chrome & Platinum. I got the Shark Platinums back when they were introduced & people were saying they were all-that ... ends up they really weren't. The SS & chrome, IMO, are better.
I just got out a pack of Lords (actually it fell on the floor when I was looking for some other blade) so I just put it on the counter & pulled one out for the next shave.

I've been using them every day since they arrived. They are nicely sharp with decent longevity. I'm going to use them for a few weeks straight and then go back to the Polsiver blades to get a comparison. I certainly like the Wizamets, I now have 250 more.
After I purchased my first 250 pack and used them comparatively with the Polsilvers, I bought 500 more. I don’t know if that was a smart move since I get a good 7+ shaves from them and I am 60 years old. 750 Wizamet blades are good for about 15 years for me.

Every time I use a Nacet, it's so smooth and efficient, that I wonder why I even bother to use any other blade. But then I think of a GSB, or Kai. Oh, the tough decisions we have to make in this life! :sad:

Every time I use a Nacet, it's so smooth and efficient, that I wonder why I even bother to use any other blade. But then I think of a GSB, or Kai. Oh, the tough decisions we have to make in this life! :sad:
I am the same way. I just like the variety. Last week I used GSB and Nacet. This week it has been Lord Platinum and Shark Stainless. Probably on Monday I will switch to a Wizamet or an Israeli Red. When I started DE shaving I bought a bunch of single tucks and I still have many of those blades. Every once in a while, I will pull one out and load it into my razor.

Top Bottom