What's new

What Beard Trimmer do you Pack?

So I've been using a Wahl beard trimmer that I picked up for an emergency shave six months back and noticed that it's been starting to catch on my beard hairs and not cutting super evenly, so it's time to look for a replacement... What kind of electric trimmers have you all been using to keep your glorious face fur in line?

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
You might just need a little oil on the blades. Did it come with any? If not you can likely use mineral oil or 3 in 1 oil.

I'm a fan of Wahl. Right now I think I'm using a Remington, just a cheap 15 dollar one from Walgreens.

I re-oiled it prior to my post, as well as disassembled the blade and cleaned out any extra hair that found it's way inside. Unfortunately, still snagged on my beard :p I think I'm probably gonna look for the model up from mine, or the Moser that wazabees recommended

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
I'm a fan of Wahl. Right now I think I'm using a Remington, just a cheap 15 dollar one from Walgreens.

Another fan of Wahl trimmers here, I think I'm all the way up to twenty dollars at K-Mart. :001_rolle

Keep 'em oiled.

Something that appears to work and is inexpensive. I have not had much luck with cordless models and prefer something corded. Good cordless models are expensive.

This model seems to get solid 4-5 marks in reviews. Stainless blades and a few combs and a two year warranty. Seems to be a good value but certainly not an heirloom tool. Will probably go this route when my current trimmer gives up.

Conair Corded Beard & Mustache Trimmer - Walmart.com

If your blade head can be disassemble, then you can sharpen them yourself.

Here's a decent video on how to do it on the cheap without buying stones.

I use a cordless, rechargeable Wahl hair clipper kit (been cutting my own hair since 2005). The kit has guides from #1 - 8 (#1= 1/8", #8 = 8/8 or 1") a side lever adds a half step so, depending on lever position and which guide is used, it can go from "0" to 1-1/16" in 1/16" increments. The kit comes with a 2 AA detail trimmer as well, think I paid around $45 or so.
Jack

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
Mine is the Remington MB4045.

I wanted a beard trimmer that accommodated a decent length, and the guard on this goes up to 35mm (1.3/8" for those still on the vintage system)

Top Bottom