What's new

What Band/Musical Act Have You Seen Live the Most?

Rush the most. 12 times over 7 tours starting in 1981 and ending with Time Machine at the O2. Multiple times on the HYF, RTB and SnA tours.
After that, Simple Minds (3), The Stranglers (3), Genesis (3), U2 twice and the rest just once each. Having moved to Asia in 1995, not many bands seem to come this way. Unless you like K Pop...

Jimmy Buffett has been my staple at least once every summer for more years than I can count. I saw one of his free shows for less than 200 people and that was pretty awesome. He still seems to appreciate the crowd and is still loving what he does.

Dylan and Jefferson Airplane twice.

Gettin' old. I forgot our family day trips with our adult kids and grandkids to summer Irish festivals at the Jersey shore in the 90s & early '00. Saw Black47 a number of times at those. A great live band, made even better with Guinness. I was working 2 jobs, 6 days a week back then, and those Irish festivals were my release. I'd plop myself in a chair and down Guinness until it was time to go home. I don't know what the grandkids enjoyed more, listening to the music, talking with band members or watching & helping granddad get hammered. Good days.

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
I probably saw Jethro Tull more than 25 times over the years; after them I have no idea who's second. Dylan 4 or 5 times, same with Steeleye Span and Fairport Convention. I also had season tix for the Boston Symphony Orchestra for more than 15 years, attending 7 or 8 concerts a season. That's over 100 concerts.

This thread is great. I thought I had seen a lot of concerts. Jethro Tull, The Who, Grand Funk, Santana, Muddy Water’s wedding concert with Best man Eric Clapton, Led Zepplin, etc.
The bands I saw the most were Alice Cooper, great theater, and Moody Blues.

Jorma Kaukonen of Jefferson Airplane. I studied guitar with him six times at Fur Peace Ranch and got to see him perform solo and with Hot Tuna several times.

I’ve also seen Willie Nelson and Guy Clark more times than I can count—but, hey, I’m originally from Austin, TX. I probably saw Willie perform at Aqua Fest when I was in diapers. I have also seen Steve Earle perform live about five times as well.

Others who I have seen multiple times include Jackson Browne, John Hyatt, Lucinda Williams, Emmy Lou Harris, Lyle Lovett, and Doc Watson.

Last edited:

Messygoon

Abandoned By Gypsies.
Itzhak Perlman and Jimmy Buffett, tied at two apiece.

The first time seeing Itzhak Perlman, a season ticket holder had just returned their tickets as I called the box office. My wife and I couldn’t afford those 2nd row center tickets, but buy them we did. Surrounded by the St. Louis Symphony Orchestra conducted by Leonard Slatkin, Itzak played his violin for hours like none other, all the while maintaining eye contact with my wife. I believe it is called breaking the 4th wall. It was as if he was playing only to us. It was intimate, magical, stunning. A highlight in our marriage eclipsed only in the births of our children.

We caught a glimpse of heaven on that late-1980s evening.

And you know, Buffett wasn’t bad either.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I'm pretty sure it's Bob Seger and the Silver Bullet Band. Or the Beach Boys. Or The Doobie Brothers... Or it's a tie!

Pine Knob spoiled us back in the day...

Top Bottom