What's new

What Band/Musical Act Have You Seen Live the Most?

Just curious as I was chatting with a friend last night and this topic came up.

I have seen Rush almost every time they have played in Toronto since 1981. Well over a dozen times.

Roger Waters is up there as well. Maybe 7-8 times.

What say you?

JWCowboy

Probably not Al Bundy
I've seen Steve Earle about a dozen or so times live. Also have seen Shovels & Rope about 8-10 times. Saw John Prine about half a dozen or so, and have also seen Chris Isaak about half a dozen. My wife and I went to his outdoor show ever summer in Atlanta for about 4-5 straight years when we lived there.

One Day on the Green I was at had the Grateful Dead as the opening act for The Who. :punk: 🎸 🥁

Quite an experience. ;)
That is quite the double bill! Some of the older groups had no problem teaming up with multiple acts on a single bill. These days I think it's a bit more taboo.

Funny you mention the Who, I have seen them likely the 2nd most times, with about 6 Farewell Tours! Haha.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
That is quite the double bill! Some of the older groups had no problem teaming up with multiple acts on a single bill. These days I think it's a bit more taboo.

Funny you mention the Who, I have seen them likely the 2nd most times, with about 6 Farewell Tours! Haha.

I feel very fortunate to have seen the original line-up (Townshend, Daltrey, Entwistle and Moon).

The Day on the Green concerts were more like mini-festivals with multiple bands that could headline on their own playing on the same bill.

The 1960s and 1970s were the decades for big time Classic Rock. :cool:

Springsteen. Jersey guy here. However as an ex-pat living in Japan, I have only seen him a half dozen times
on account that he has not come to Tokyo since 1985. The last time I saw him was in 2016 in Foxborough,
where he played his third longest show of all time. Four plus hours of Bruce Juice!

Springsteen. Jersey guy here. However as an ex-pat living in Japan, I have only seen him a half dozen times
on account that he has not come to Tokyo since 1985. The last time I saw him was in 2016 in Foxborough,
where he played his third longest show of all time. Four plus hours of Bruce Juice!
I first saw Bruce in Toronto on his Born in the USA Tour. I was 14 or 15 and remember we had to leave the show early to catch the last train. He played for almost 4hrs to over 68,000 people. Crazy.

Dylan and Jefferson Airplane twice. Saw Dylan in Louisville in 65 or 66 when he was doing the first half solo folk, and the second half with the Band. Saw him again at Rolling Thunder in Florida in 76 with my wife & our 5 yo daughter. I saw 2 Jefferson Airplane twice in Asbury Park, NJ, two summers in a row in the 60s.

Easily George Thoroughgood and the Destroyers, and I never intentionally went to see him because he opened for so many bands in the Northeast in the 70s and 80s. I must have seen him 20 times! All while going to see some other Headliner!!! 😎

Top Bottom