What's new

What Band/Musical Act Have You Seen Live the Most?

Messygoon

Abandoned By Gypsies.
I'm pretty sure it's Bob Seger and the Silver Bullet Band. Or the Beach Boys. Or The Doobie Brothers... Or it's a tie!

Pine Knob spoiled us back in the day...
Big fan. Back in my drinking days, an inebriated friend got tongue tied and said “Sob Beeger & the Bilver Sillet Band.” Name stuck forever more among all present. Whenever “Night Moves” plays, the volume goes up to mask my awful voice. Would loved to have tagged along to those concerts!

Here’s to “ humming a song from 1962.”

In my high school and college years I went to a million concerts. The most has been Insane Clown Posse, believe it or not. Maybe 15-20 shows between the ages of 15 to 21 or so. Super fun.

I haven't been to a concert in probably 20 years and an ICP show might have been the last one to be honest. I was going to come out of concert retirement for Tom Petty but alas, it never happened. =(

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
In my high school and college years I went to a million concerts. The most has been Insane Clown Posse, believe it or not. Maybe 15-20 shows between the ages of 15 to 21 or so. Super fun.

I haven't been to a concert in probably 20 years and an ICP show might have been the last one to be honest. I was going to come out of concert retirement for Tom Petty but alas, it never happened. =(
I saw him at Pine Knob with the Heartbreakers and BOB DYLAN. And Bob Seger was in the audience, so OBVIOUSLY came on stage for a song or two. Man, that was a hundred years ago.... Probably 33 or so?

He does small venues as a solo act and is simply amazing. Goes between Bach and bluegrass. Great singer with ridiculous technique on the mandolin, but very musical all the time. I saw him in a 400 seat venue.
Arguably the best mandolin player in the word currently. He is pretty incredible.

He does small venues as a solo act and is simply amazing. Goes between Bach and bluegrass. Great singer with ridiculous technique on the mandolin, but very musical all the time. I saw him in a 400 seat venue.
Yeah he played at a concert hall here in Toronto when he was touring the release of the Bach Partitas and Sonatas album, but I was unfortunately out of town so I couldn't go. On my list of artists to see, certainly.

Lots of multi band venues way back in the day. It just worked out that I saw Joe Walsh and the James Gang four times. Great band.

Side note: I’ve only ever met one person who’s seen the Beatles live, that was my sister, and she’s seen them twice.

On seeing the Beatles. I have two friends that saw the Beatles. They went to the same concert, separately in the ‘60s. They didn’t know each other.
Now they are part of the same large circle of friends.

My two top acts at maybe 5 or 6 times each are very different: the Allman Brothers...and Tenacious D ....LOL. I probably saw U2 that much also but that was only because of my girlfriend/wife, I wouldn't have gone to those on my own.

Other multiples, maybe 2 or 3 each were Pink Floyd, Springsteen, Black Sabbath, Van Halen, KISS, Metallica, Steely Dan, Al Dimeola, Pearl Jam, Diane Bish, Cameron Carpenter.

2x--Spyro Gyra, Stanley Jordan, Steely Dan

I saw Stanley Jordan once, ...opening for Grover Washington ...what an awesome show !

Last edited:
Top Bottom