What's new
  • Welcome back Guest!
    If you have been away from our site you may have to request a new password. Simply click on the link for "lost" password in the log in page.
    Thank you.
    The BST is now open, please note the changes in our guidelines to address the recent fraudulent activity. Ensure you read the guidelines prior to creating a sale thread in the Buy-Sell-Trade forum with special attention to the new photo and payment requirements.
    Thank you for your patience and understanding.

What Band/Musical Act Have You Seen Live the Most?

Rush the most. 12 times over 7 tours starting in 1981 and ending with Time Machine at the O2. Multiple times on the HYF, RTB and SnA tours.
After that, Simple Minds (3), The Stranglers (3), Genesis (3), U2 twice and the rest just once each. Having moved to Asia in 1995, not many bands seem to come this way. Unless you like K Pop...

Jimmy Buffett has been my staple at least once every summer for more years than I can count. I saw one of his free shows for less than 200 people and that was pretty awesome. He still seems to appreciate the crowd and is still loving what he does.

Dylan and Jefferson Airplane twice.
Gettin' old. I forgot our family day trips with our adult kids and grandkids to summer Irish festivals at the Jersey shore in the 90s & early '00. Saw Black47 a number of times at those. A great live band, made even better with Guinness. I was working 2 jobs, 6 days a week back then, and those Irish festivals were my release. I'd plop myself in a chair and down Guinness until it was time to go home. I don't know what the grandkids enjoyed more, listening to the music, talking with band members or watching & helping granddad get hammered. Good days.

Owen Bawn

"Ask me about a fluffernutter"
I probably saw Jethro Tull more than 25 times over the years; after them I have no idea who's second. Dylan 4 or 5 times, same with Steeleye Span and Fairport Convention. I also had season tix for the Boston Symphony Orchestra for more than 15 years, attending 7 or 8 concerts a season. That's over 100 concerts.

Three times each:
Rush
King Crimson
X
Van Halen (with DLR)

Twice:
Iron Maiden
Kiss
Heaven and Hell
Jethro Tull

Once was enough:
Enuff Z‘nuff