What's new

What Astra blade should I try?

I like using and get the best results from the usual suspects, Feather's, Super Iridium's, Gillette Yellow's, Kai's.

I haven't tried Astra's which model do you recommend I try, I have a medium density course beard. Thanks in advance.

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
I would start with the Superior platinum... Maybe Keramick after!

Superior Plats are the only Astras I've tried so far, they produce acceptable results in most every razor for me

I've tried the Keramicks and the Platinums; I think I prefer the former, but there isn't much in it!

I think I would rate the Keramiks a little higher than the Platinums too, but the difference isn't that big. Like most P&G/Gillette blades they start a little rough for me but I certainly can live with their 2nd and 3rd shave.

The SPs are my blade of choice right now. They're a bit smoother and sharper than my back up RedPack Personnas. I can get equally smooth with Reds and Astras, but the Astras don't irritate me at all.

I don't have a ton of experience with different blades, though. I've not tried a Feather yet, but the Astra SP works better for me than Derby, Dorco (300 and 301), Crystal IP, Merkur, Wilkinson Swords, and Red Pack Personnas.

Good Luck. Let us know how it works for you.

I thought the stainless were little better than a dull clamshell, so I would go with the Platinum or Keramik. PM me your address and I'll send you a few of each plus some others, gratis.

Top Bottom