What's new

What are your thoughts on the Parker razors?

I have only one Parker - 62R. Quite aggressive. The plating is good, but measurements are not. First of all the top plate is not symmetrical. Strangely that doesn't affect blade alignment - always perfect. The second problem is the handle has the hole askew. Seems like a high school project rather than a razor from a company making them since the 70s.
All Parker 3 piece razors have brass handles and zamak heads. Don't know about their TTOs though.

I have had two Parker razors. My first was a three piece razor I purchased about 10 years ago. It was poorly executed. I could not say anything good about it. I recently purchased a Parker Variant and it is perfect in its execution. Also it is a great razor for me. I think it will end up being my favorite DE razor of all time.

eric.

Which Parker is the most aggressive?

I would say the 94R and the 97R are their most aggressive razors. I had both of them. I love them both. I find their quality control to be just fine. If fact they are my favorite DE razor of the many razors I have used. Here is a picture of my 97R.

Parker_Arko.JPG

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
I had a 99r and found it too big, too heavy and too aggressive. I prefer small and mild razors. My favorite at this time is the Merkur 42c.

I have the 99r and its faultless. Its hefty and efficient. The chrome is beautiful and not a flaw to comment on. Easily an underated razor suffering from some bad comments of years ago. I'll move on all my modern razors soon except this model. In fact I'd love the 96r in the black too. Kinda a non adjustable Gillette super adjustable look to it.

M

Member 113878

It’s the 97R I have too.
A bit heavy for my taste, I prefer to put a Maggards MR1 handle on the head and then it’s perfect!

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
I had a Parker 22 Interceptor, and it was a very good razor. The only reason I PIFed it, was my birth year Gillette was a touch milder, and I didn't need two butterfly opening razors.

R

romsitsa

I'm very curious. The reason for making zamak heads is for precision. Brass handles were never a problem. If Germany did make any zamak handles it would most likely be due to needing brass for bullets for their evil (WWII). Do you have any links to verify for definitive proof? This would be an important part of DE history worthy of sharing.

Hello,

for eg. the first razor in this thread is made of zamak.
Took a gamble! WHAT have I bought? Vintage Merkur.

Adam

I have a very positive experience with 3 piece closed comb Parker (111w). Practically the only downside is zamak. The razor is very efficient, pretty aggressive (but in a good way) gives a nice feel during shaving and is very nice and quality both machined and plated. Have to admit that my piece does not align the blade by itself, but it is not such an issue, at least not for me. For instance, the impression regarding quality and attractiveness is about the same as the Muhle gives. Have been using it for over two years and was always very happy with it. It's aggressiveness and efficiency is very similar to Fatip V2 OC (which I currently use as my daily razor) To be honest, Fatip only wins regarding being brass made and having smaller and slimmer head which makes it more practical for under the nose parts. Other than that, those two razors are very close to be equally god (very, very good).

I have no Parker, yet!
I ordered a Parker 29L Pink for my teenage daughter since they were on sale here, cost only 13 Euro's.
My daughter don't want to shave her legs and armpits with cartridge razors anymore, and now she is using my Feather Popular.
She has finally realized that DE razors are better and leave no razorburn and does not cut her legs open :)
She did actually tried my Muhle R41 on her legs and was surprised over how efficient, yet scaring, it was.
Now she wants her own and I have read good things about the Parker 29L.
Anyone here who has something to say about the 29L?

Parker are excellent entry level razors that work and last. Quality Control has improved over the years and the Variant was a great addition to their line up.

You're getting good value for money with these razors.

At the end of the day, I prefer the hobby aspect and stick to vintage razors mostly with only the Fatip Piccolo and Testina Gentile remaining part of my line up.

My wife switched from disposable cartridges to DE a few years ago and has liked it. Then this year I gave her a vintage Schick Injector Lady. She loves it and I'm sure will never use DE again. They're not made of cheap metal either, which break when she drops them in the shower.
I have no Parker, yet!
I ordered a Parker 29L Pink for my teenage daughter since they were on sale here, cost only 13 Euro's.
My daughter don't want to shave her legs and armpits with cartridge razors anymore, and now she is using my Feather Popular.
She has finally realized that DE razors are better and leave no razorburn and does not cut her legs open :)
She did actually tried my Muhle R41 on her legs and was surprised over how efficient, yet scaring, it was.
Now she wants her own and I have read good things about the Parker 29L.
Anyone here who has something to say about the 29L?

I think Parker razors are really great tho they aren't as good quality as most expensive razors like timeless and the like they shave excellently and are usually better than merkur razors. I love my Parker adjustable which is better than the merkur futur and progress. I'd say just look at reviews and videos. The only downside of Parker is that new products seem to have quality control issues but get fixed eventually.

Sent from my SM-J737P using Tapatalk

However I also was looking to get my niece a razor like that and I was looking at reviews and skip the girly razor of the Parker just get the stainless steel or maybe even a razorock razor or a weishi long handle razor.

Sent from my SM-J737P using Tapatalk

Top Bottom