What's new

What are your thoughts on Maggard razors?

My two favorite razors now are GC .84 and Rockwell 6C...for someone that likes these two razors. which Maggard razor would compliment these two? Thanks

If you have a GC84 and like it I think you are taking 2 steps back with any Maggard or similar Chinese made razor. Something like a brass Karve would be in the same league. Enjoy your GC as it is a great razor.

Best of luck. AJ

Maggard razor is a good starter razor for me but it's taken a bit back as I've been trying other razors. I use the V3 head with MR1 handle. It's efficient but it tends to be on the rough side of the spectrum. It's good for heavy growth for me but as a daily driver, I would get a bit more irritation than the usual. I stick with mostly mild razors so I have a bias towards them. I'll have to revisit the MR1 to get a more recent opinion on the topic.

My two favorite razors now are GC .84 and Rockwell 6C...for someone that likes these two razors. which Maggard razor would compliment these two? Thanks
The GC .84 is so to speak in a completely
Different Universe then any of the
Razors coming out of Maggard's

I have the V3A and is really good, some problems with the alignment of the blade, just have to play a bit, not bad at all, I get the save shaving as my .84.

Maggard Razors Safety Razor Head V3A (Aggressive), Chrome | Maggard Razors Traditional Wet Shaving Products

So you think the .84 is equally as aggressive as the V3A? I am looking to upgrade from my V3A and was thinking about the .84, but I want to tone down the aggression a bit. If the .84 is equally as aggressive as the V3A, then I guess the .68 would be more up my alley?

M

Member 113878

Maggard razor is a good starter razor for me but it's taken a bit back as I've been trying other razors. I use the V3 head with MR1 handle. It's efficient but it tends to be on the rough side of the spectrum.
I agree with you.
The « trick » with this head is to use a different cap, like the Merkur.
The Merkur cap is a tad larger so you get less blade exposure.
The result is a much smoother shave.

I like Maggard's heavy, stout stainless steel handles. I had the idea they would be good handles for overseas travel, provided a screw-in attachment could be had so you could attach it to a key ring and turn it into an effective cosh/blackjack blunt trauma weapon.

I think the idea has merit. Then again, I may be too heavily influenced by reading about OSS and French Resistance operations behind German lines while growing up.

Top Bottom