What's new

What are your thoughts on GBS brushes?

Obviously I wouldn't be expecting much in this price range, but I tend to like inexpensive brushes anyway.

I see a GBS Pure Badger brush on Amazon for ~$18. The reviews seem solid, but I generally don't put a lot of value into Amazon reviews when it comes to shaving products.

I tried searching the forum but didn't see any threads about GBS brushes. Any of you fellas have any input?

Much appreciated!

i have the gbs silvertip for 46$ i think and its better than my AOS pure. i have had it for a year and it holds up great, its nothing compaired to my Kent H12 but its worth 2x what i paid for it.

I have this exact brush. It was my first. It's actually quite soft, however it has shed a fair number of hairs. Other than that it's a nice little brush. I have better ones so I don't use it much anymore.

I have this exact brush. It was my first. It's actually quite soft, however it has shed a fair number of hairs. Other than that it's a nice little brush. I have better ones so I don't use it much anymore.

Thanks, that's what I was hoping to hear. I don't expect a cheapo brush not to shed, I'm perfectly fine if I only get a year of use out of it.

It took me awhile to realize that I could get a decent quality brush without spending a ton of money. For instance, I bought the Simply Beautiful Basic 100% Pure Badger brush a while back for like $12. It ended up being a really good purchase. I wasn't expecting much, but it's far exceeded my expectations.

On the other hand, when I first got into DE shaving I purchased the Tweezerman and Escali badgers, which both ended up being terrible.

Top Bottom