What's new

What are your thoughts on Aqua Velva Musk?

Wow- Didn't know it had warring factions! Now I'll feel like such a rebel when I buy more LOL.

Smell is much more subjective than I thought.

Russell

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
Well, I like it and use it. A little goes a long way so I use sparingly.
Glass bottle.
full

I have and like the Ice Blue. I also have the Musk and like it as well. I just wish I could get the Sport in the US. I went looking for it and it's impossible to find. That's ok. I have too many splashes as it is. But I recommend the Musk. Hard for me to describe the scent. It's somewhat similar to Ice Blue in that it's got that same sweetness to it. But the scent itself is a little different. Given how cheap it is, give it a try.

Big fan of the entire lineup of Aqua Velva that I can get. Around the holidays, CVS gets in gift sets of Aqua Velva. It includes the Sport scent. Absolutely love it!

Too strong as an aftershave... I use it as cologne. Good classic retro scent. I used to wear a little of this to church all the time. My S.O. loves it. She also loves Old Spice.

If you don't overdo it, I don't think you can go wrong with this stuff in terms of the fragrance. But I can see how using it as an aftershave could get you into trouble. It smells like a bold but classy 70's fragrance.

I like it more than Ice Blue. I think it's a similar smell but lasts longer. There's really no "musk" in Musk, just an unfortunate choice of a word.

I'm not a big fan of Aqua Velva Ice Blue, but I always keep a bottle of AV Musk around.

Old Spice used to have a musk that resembled AV Musk. I think that's why I like it so much. I also like Jovan Musk, it's like a more sophisticated version and perhaps what Aqua Velva is based off.

Whilliam

First Class Citizen
Good stuff. Soothes like an aftershave, lasts like a cologne. Use sparingly, though. Too much and you'll smell cheap.

I'm not a big fan of Aqua Velva Ice Blue, but I always keep a bottle of AV Musk around.

Old Spice used to have a musk that resembled AV Musk. I think that's why I like it so much. I also like Jovan Musk, it's like a more sophisticated version and perhaps what Aqua Velva is based off.
Old Spice still makes the Musk, I know you can get it on the Bay and I think WCS

Top Bottom