What's new

What are your most valuable products you have ever bought?

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
I have thousands of dollars tied up in shaving; in brushes, particularly, but if my house was on fire I probably wouldn't grab any shaving stuff as I ran out. I'd be grabbing books, a few religious items, and a couple flash drives.

Marriage license.

Shaving products only ... uh, I think while I've spent Way Too Much in the aggregate, no one thing has been super-duper expensive (although that's a relative metric — when I was young and used wooden produce crates scrounged free at the grocers as my furniture these things would have been unimaginably expensive). A this end of my life I do not regret one bit splurging on a ruby Simpson Eagle 3 Manchurian or Emperor Silvertip or a Timeless Titanium razor. Or Blackland Vector. Or ... a couple more in that general vein.

Let's just not discuss motorcycles, cars, or bicycles. See Item A, above.

Some of my most valuable items in my den are as follows.
1958 D1 Gillette Toggle
My collection of MDC shave soaps. I have Original, Fougère, Agrumes & Rose.
Czech and Speake No88 aftershave (I got it on a cyber Monday sale from Maggard’s)
TDR brush with V6 or V7 Fanchurian knot

Valuable or expensive? Not necessarily the same. The most expensive was my Feather AS-D2 razor. It was about $175 three years ago. My most valuable is a 1960's Old Spice mug that belonged to my father who has been gone for 25 years. I could probably find one on Ebay just like it for the price of a good lunch. To me it's priceless.

Valuable or expensive? Not necessarily the same. The most expensive was my Feather AS-D2 razor. It was about $175 three years ago. My most valuable is a 1960's Old Spice mug that belonged to my father who has been gone for 25 years. I could probably find one on Ebay just like it for the price of a good lunch. To me it's priceless.
I have and use my great grandfathers Old Spice mug. He passed when I was about 8 or 9 but I have fond memories of visiting him and great grandma when I was young. I was thrilled when my mom gave it to me a few years back. I never even knew she had it.

my entire SR and GEM razor collection. couple of the GEMs are not easily found.

Star #4 1919 Lather Catcher for example. at times ive thought about selling it but its probably worth more in my mind than someone would be willing to pay for it. so it sits in the house of GEMs to admire.

20200304_165904.jpg

camo

my entire SR and GEM razor collection. couple of the GEMs are not easily found.

Star #4 1919 Lather Catcher for example. at times ive thought about selling it but its probably worth more in my mind than someone would be willing to pay for it. so it sits in the house of GEMs to admire.

View attachment 1169012

camo
I am about to receive my first GEM razor, while I have no plans of stopping SR shaving I thought their efficiency could make for a nice clean up razor.

I am about to receive my first GEM razor, while I have no plans of stopping SR shaving I thought their efficiency could make for a nice clean up razor.

that they would......think the last time I used one was for the Micromatic Monday Anniversary.

camo

My red Rockwell 6S.

Expensive as far as razors go, but not nearly as expensive as items in my collections of wine, guitars, watches, knives, etc. Shaving is a pretty cheap hobby compared to many others.

I would expect that there will be a Simpson Badger brush that will eclipse the 6S in my near future though... 😜

My Hand made Brushes....Everyone can purchase a Mass produced expensive razor...A one of kind brush is more valuable to me.
20201015_205219.jpg
20201015_205200.jpg

I don't even know what this is worth. As far as I know, this is a one-off, custom made for a collector. The eBay seller told me it was part of an estate sale. I bought it almost 10 years ago, and I've never seen another by Rooney, despite a rather thorough search.

I paid a pretty penny for it, but I guess it's only worth what someone would be willing to pay me for it.

Top Bottom