What's new

What are your favourite non-biblical quotes?

There are some quotes that I've come across that ring so very true to my experiences in life. I thought I'd share a few, and get some others from you fine people!

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people." - Eleanor Roosevelt

"If you want to build a ship, don't drum up the men to gather wood, divide the work and give orders. Instead, teach them to yearn for the vast and endless sea..." - Antoine de Saint Exupery

"We are a way for the cosmos to know itself." - Carl Sagan

"I do not fear death. I had been dead for billions and billions of years before I was born, and had not suffered the slightest inconvenience from it.” - Mark Twain

"Science adjusts its views based on what's observed, Faith is the denial of observation so that belief can be preserved." - Tim Minchin in Storm

“Simplicity, simplicity, simplicity! I say, let your affairs be as two or three, and not a hundred or a thousand; instead of a million count half a dozen, and keep your accounts on your thumb nail.” (Henry David Thoreau)

People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff

The only regrets in life are the chances never taken. - Roy Rodgers

God made only so many perfect heads. Everyone else got hair. - Unknown

Top Bottom