What's new

What are your favourite non-biblical quotes?

"Treats others like you expect to be treated."

This is one quote I try to live by everyday. Since my profession is primarily in customer service this has served me well.

They say you die twice. One time when you stop breathing and a second
time, a bit later on, when somebody says your name for the last time.
~Banksy

Find what you love and let it kill you.
- Charles Bukowski

Another good one from Mark Twain-

"it is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt"

"Who put the wet spot in your warm place" -HR department at work

"We'll know when we find out" -said with no wit or sarcasm by my boss
(well DUH...)
(reference to the above quote from Mark Twain...)

All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

I have a Word file on my computer with my favorite quotes. These are probably my top six (I wanted to choose five, but could not eliminate another of these six) in no particular order:

“The size of your dreams must always exceed your current capacity to achieve them. If your dreams do not scare you, they are not big enough. If you start off with a small dream, you may not have much left when it is fulfilled because along the way life will test your dreams and make demands on you.” -Ellen Johnson Sirleaf

“If you don't have integrity, you have nothing. You can't buy it. You can have all the money in the world, but if you are not a moral and ethical person, you really have nothing.” -Henry Kravis

“Strive for perfection in everything you do. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn’t exist, create it. Accept nothing as nearly right or good enough.” -Henry Royce

“It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” -Mark Twain

“There's only one thing I value in this world and that's loyalty. Without it, you're nothing.” -Paul Zara (The Ides of March)

“Kites rise highest against the wind, not with it.” -Winston Churchill

Intrigued

Bigfoot & Bagel aficionado.
“The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong at the broken places. But those that will not break it kills. It kills the very good and the very gentle and the very brave impartially. If you are none of these you can be sure it will kill you too but there will be no special hurry.” - Ernest Hemingway

Here's one from the Gunsmoke radio Broadcasts of 1959
"in the town of Dodge city and the territories on west, there's only one way to handle the killers and the spoilers. It's with the U.S Marshall and the smell of gun smoke."

"I'm that man...Matt Dillon, U.S Marshall. the first man you look for and the last one you wanna meet" William Conrad

"There is no reciprocity. Men love women. Women love children. Children love hamsters. Hamsters don't love anyone".
--Anna Thomas Ellis

Top Bottom