What's new

What are your favorite soaps in hot seasons?

lots of great choices for refreshing summer-time soaps!
one only has to look around!

lime filarmonica dec 26 2013.jpg

Typically summer (or warmer weather) scents are citrusy or a light (or bright) floral with possibly an added kick of menthol.
Find those combinations and you'll find something you'll enjoy.

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
Some good warm weather soaps in my collection:

Goodfellas' Smile Abysso
Black Ship Grooming Thomas Tew
TOBS Grapefruit (cream)
Zingari Man The Wanderer
Captain's Choice Venture
Barrister and Mann Oceana
Stirling Island Man
Black Ship Grooming Shipwreck Cove
Black Ship Grooming High Seas
Goodfellas' Smile Sea Citrus
Barrister and Mann Terror
Stirling Black Ice
Barrister and Mann Waves
Fine Aquamarine
Black Ship Grooming Calypso
Captain's Choice Nor'Easter

These see a lot of action in the summer:
B&M Oceana
Chiseled Face Santa Paula
Razorock XXX
Stirling Iced Pineapple
Stirling MITA
Stirling Lime

For me it’s a combination of mentholated soaps and ones with light post-shave.

mentholated:
Stifling glacial wintergreen
SS blizzard

lighter post:
Tabac: I quite like the scent in the summer, so it’s a favourite to have around in warm weather.

I recently purchased Uncle Jon's Cucumber Melon shave soap for my spring\long hot summer rotations.

The various citrus scents from Stirling and RazoRock mostly all good. But top of the heap is Iced Pineapple and MITA not far behind.

It's sort of on the line between cream and croap, but CF Lime is the finest lime I ever smelled and my go-to summery scent. I often pair it with a bay rum and imagine I'm a 18th century British sailor in the Caribbean staving off scurvy.

Other than that, like @Marco, most of my favorites are year-round sorts of deals. Stuff like Cella or La Toja is just as timeless in summer as in winter.

Queen Charlotte Vostok is my favorite menthol. I squirreled some away as they went out of business.

Now that's a name I haven't heard in a long time. I miss QCS so much! I tried one of my old QCS creams the other day, but it doesn't seem to have survived the decade since I bought it. I think, back in the day, QCS was my favorite soap/cream, bar none.

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
It's sort of on the line between cream and croap, but CF Lime is the finest lime I ever smelled and my go-to summery scent. I often pair it with a bay rum and imagine I'm a 18th century British sailor in the Caribbean staving off scurvy.

Other than that, like @Marco, most of my favorites are year-round sorts of deals. Stuff like Cella or La Toja is just as timeless in summer as in winter.

Now that's a name I haven't heard in a long time. I miss QCS so much! I tried one of my old QCS creams the other day, but it doesn't seem to have survived the decade since I bought it. I think, back in the day, QCS was my favorite soap/cream, bar none.

It sounds like Robinson Crusoe's shaving kit!

Lime, lemon and citrus fragrances are definitely great, especially during the summer season!

Top Bottom