What's new

What are your favorite pies?

Love pumpkin pie, but I think my favorite is peach. Non-dessert pie, it's the pork pies my Nan used to make. With these as a medium, she taught the art of carrying food in one's pocket.

For Thanksgiving and Christmas, pecan pie. With a bit of whisky in place of or in addition to the vanilla.

Almost any time - key lime pie. Easiest pie to make and always a crowd pleaser.

I always like sweet potato pie as an alternative to punkin - easy on the "spices".

1) Shoo-fly Pie
2) strawberry rhubarb
3) raspberry (black or red)
4) Pecan
5) Blueberry

Last edited:
Almost any pie is good pie, except, I don't like Cherry. Cheesecake pies are always good and we just finished a homemade Pumpkin/Cheesecake pie with Pecan crumble crust....that was good.

We always top with REAL Whipped Cream. Not cool whip, not in a can, but real, homemade whipped cream. Makes all the difference in the world.

Warmed up Pecan is nice with a good quality IceCream. Vanilla bean always works but not a 4L tub for $1.39, get the good stuff and treat yourself. Save the 4L tub for Milk Shakes.

Coconut Cream:
$Coconut+Cream+Pie.jpg

Pecan:
$Maple+Pecan+Pie+-+A+Simple+Slice+500.jpg

Fruit Pizza (not a pie, but close enough)
$fruit-pizza-3.jpg

Last edited:

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
The one I can no longer eat because I have developed peanut and tree nut allergies. Extremely severe.
mama's chocolate pecan pie.

Kick pumpkin pie up a notch with some real maple syrup.
Not sure how, but I had a Maple pumpkin pie at a restaurant once (I worked there) and it was really good.

My two favourites are pumpkin and coconut cream.
A good pecan pie is nice but it's hard to find a good one around these parts.

I was about to say "Steak and ale" but I guess that's not what you were looking for :biggrin1: one of my favourites has to be key lime

Top Bottom