What's new

What are your favorite Personna blades?

What are your favorite Personna blades?

• I have not tried others, but I like Personna Super "Med prep"

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I was not able to cancel my amazon.ca order. :huh:
Israeli Reds for me. I have them in 100 and 200 packs (blue) and loose tucks in red packaging. All the exact same. Great blades. I have 600 or so left.
I saw a thread in the Shopping and deals where you posted about the Personna blue double edge razor blades 200ct sale.

Have you tried blades from this specific order?

I am quite worried about those 2 comments :

I bought a pack of 200 Israeli Red recently and it was absolutely crap. Tried blades from several tucks in the package and they all sucked big time. Can't get pass even one shave with it. I can confirm that these are not fakes

I purchased that same 200 count box. I wouldn't even give them away and had to throw them away. I had my friend try them and he can use any blade or even a soup can lid to shave with, he hated them also.
I did buy a 100 pack from a reputable dealer and they were better, but still not as sharp or smooth as my lab blue Personna blades.

Fred D

Member of The Illiterati

I saw a thread in the Shopping and deals where you posted about the Personna blue double edge razor blades 200ct sale.

Don't worry too much, they may work great for you, as they do for a lot of other people. Everyone is different, and they can't all be bad batches of blades.

Not sure why you would cancel your order because two internet strangers don’t like them but the ones I bought from Amazon Canada are legit in any case. Tried blades from both 200 packs and they are the exact same as other tucks/100 packs I have. I love blades that others often hate so don’t really pay attention to blade reviews on B&B anyways...

Not sure why you would cancel your order because two internet strangers don’t like them but the ones I bought from Amazon Canada are legit in any case. Tried blades from both 200 packs and they are the exact same as other tucks/100 packs I have. I love blades that others often hate so don’t really pay attention to blade reviews on B&B anyways...
I would qualify most internet strangers on B&B more experienced than I am regarding wet shaving. (including you ;) )

At first, I placed the order thinking I would get Personna Blue which I tried and liked. I felt a little bit stupid after realizing I just ordered 200 blades of a model I have never tried. This is somewhat why I created this thread in the first place.

I am glad to see you tried and had good experience with those blades as if I don't personnaly like them, they could be great if I want to make a PIF starter kit.

I would qualify most internet strangers on B&B more experienced than I am regarding wet shaving. (including you ;) )

At first, I placed the order thinking I would get Personna Blue which I tried and liked. I felt a little bit stupid after realizing I just ordered 200 blades of a model I have never tried. This is somewhat why I created this thread in the first place.

I am glad to see you tried and had good experience with those blades as if I don't personnaly like them, they could be great if I want to make a PIF starter kit.
You will very likely love them. Personnas seem to be similar to GSB and Nacets where most people seem to enjoy shaving with them. Pretty safe blind purchase IMO.

If you don’t like them and the Israel factory has indeed closed down as many believe, hold on to them for your retirement fund. 😜

Just got my order from Amazon.ca.
I don't see anything indicating where the blade is produced. How do you know they are made in Israel, not in Germany or in Czech Republic?
According to Personna web site :
The Private Brands Group of Edgewell Personal Care has operations around the globe. We have manufacturing facilities in USA, Germany, Israel, Czech Republic, and Mexico. We also have additional packaging facilities in Brazil, Mexico and China. Our numerous distribution centers around the world give us the scale to be an efficient and cost-effective partner regardless of your location.

proxy.php

Just got my order from Amazon.ca.
I don't see anything indicating where the blade is produced. How do you know they are made in Israel, not in Germany or in Czech Republic?
According to Personna web site :
The Private Brands Group of Edgewell Personal Care has operations around the globe. We have manufacturing facilities in USA, Germany, Israel, Czech Republic, and Mexico. We also have additional packaging facilities in Brazil, Mexico and China. Our numerous distribution centers around the world give us the scale to be an efficient and cost-effective partner regardless of your location.

proxy.php
West Coast Shaving description for those blades is that they are Israeli Reds in UK packaging for the UK market. I assume they know. I bought a 200 blade pack from Amazon just like the one you show and I am getting my best shaves yet from them.

Just a few minutes ago I shaved with a lab blue and cheap Weishi 9306 and the shave was a 10+. It could not have gotten better. And this is after using Nacet, GSB and the two 7 o'clocks in this razor.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
If you like Vintage ASR razors you will really enjoy the Gem Personna SS PTFE Se blades, Very sharp, great longevity, predictable & smooths out nicely as you use them.
I like the Israel reds Personna also Mfg in the DE blade and they are also Sharp & smooth with good longevity IMO.
Gem Personna blades.jpg
GEM blade grind angles.jpg
Blade Review #6.3 June 26th 2020 (3).jpg
Personna has been making razor blades for over 100 yrs but ownership has changed hands a few times.

Have some great shaves! Stay & think safe in these times!

... Personnas seem to be similar to GSB and Nacets where most people seem to enjoy shaving with them.
This pretty much aligns with my experience. I'm not quite as enamored of the Israeli Red as most people are. Crystal and Lab Blue and are my two go-to Personna blades while the Nacet ties with them.

Haven't tried any DE Personna blades so far, but i'm curious what people think about the German Personna Platinum.

Top Bottom