What's new

What are your favorite aftershave balms?

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
46891251-5716-4314-A36A-CA9EE9AFEE53.jpeg

My two favourites of all time. For me you just can’t beat Nivea.

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
My current top picks are Captain Fawcett's Post Shave Balm and Hawkins & Brimble After Shave Balm.

Nivea is my favorite, I have all 3 but like the blue best. Something special about it. I think it can be used as a pre-shave. If I wet my face even a while later it feels slick as hell. Same with some Nivea lotions as well. I'm a fan of the small tin of Men's lotion, and Nivea Soft. Magical stuff.

My favorite is SV. It's not a milky balm, nor the splash either, but their A/S's have this specific texture, that makes them more dense than a regular splash, it's kind of a gel-like texture. I sometimes follow that up with Nivea for Men moisturizing face cream (not A/S balm), the blue one that comes in a 50ml glass jar with a sliver top. I prefer that over milky, sticky balms like Nivea A/S, Proraso, etc.

Nivea Sensitive
Proraso Green
art of Shaving Sandalwood
Barberry Coast Bay Rum
Tabac

the only ones I have a as nd on that order!

Lots of fine suggestions above. I find the Taylor's Herbal After Shave Cream that @D T Law recommended a very pleasant offering. But, it is a bit pricey. ~$20 here in the US for a 2.5 oz. tube. There isn't, to my knowledge, a paired cream for this one. But, there are paired creams and balms in other Taylor's scents.

Knowing what price level(s) you're looking at and where you in the world might help get you more specific recommendations. When I travel, I always try and explore local options. Usually, most pharmacies or chemists stock a few aftershaves or balms.

Count my vote for Nivea, specifically any balm they have out there. I’ve enjoyed them all, to include both sensitive versions and the Maximum Hydration version.

Also, Duke Cannon Ice Cold. I love that stuff.

Top Bottom