What's new

What are your favorite aftershave balms?

If you are outside the U.S. these:

Thayers + L'Octaine.jpgThayers + Proraso.jpg

Whilliam

First Class Citizen
While not strictly an after shave product, CeraVe Moisturizer cream makes for an outstanding post-shave balm. Applied to wet skin, a little dollop totally eliminates dryness and leaves my face soft and supple. Also, it is scentless, so it doesn't conflict with my frag of the day.

You can never go wrong with Nivea. Great product and easy to find in stores. I haven’t been too adventurous with aftershaves, but I have bought Proraso Blue several times. I love it. Now that I just mentioned it, I’m ready to order it again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
Antica Barbieria Colla Green Tobacco is the nicest I've ever used, but I can't justify the price. Tcheon Fung Sing makes a nice Green Tobacco balm, so I use that one, and I think that the Proraso balms represent tremendous quality and value.

I also echo what @Whilliam said above about CeraVe moisturizer. Very effective stuff. I find that if I use it and then splash on some aftershave or cologne the scent lasts longer, so that's another plus.

Pre de Provence
The Real Shaving Co.
Weleda
Omega
Simpson

I consider The Real Shaving Co. Original Post Shave Balm the absolute best value. It is now impossible to find it in Canada, for whatever reason.

I used to buy AS balms that match my soaps and enjoy them and still buy them if I can’t get the splash shipped to or purchased in Canada. Many didn’t have balms and I enjoy using a splash then a balm after a shave so I read many other threads on unscented balms. Based on many rave reviews I purchased Zingari Man unscented sego balm and it is by far the best balm for me. I like that it is a little thicker then normal, I hate watery balms like Proraso Sensitive for example. I use the ZM unscented balm now with all of my splashed and rarely use the matching balms anymore. I haven’t tried the regular Zingari Man unscented balm that I hear is less fatty for warmer weather but really enjoy the Sego for winter at least and if I don’t like it in the summer will try the regular

Stirling is, for me, one of the best balms out there, by itself.

When I want something really protective, though, I'll mix a little raw shea butter into whatever balm I'm using.

Top Bottom