What's new

What Are Your Best Recent Purchases? That Was Worth Every Penny

Three razors come to mind: an English Aristo JR, a Gem Damaskeene, and the well-known, no-name Bakelite slant.

Three very different razors.

Three very fine shaves.

:biggrin1: :biggrin1: :biggrin1:

Gillette 7 O'Clock Black Blades - believe the hype!
W.M. Neumann's aftershaves: Signature, 1911 & Heartwood = aftershave nirvana
Mike's Natural Soap Cedarwood, Orange & Pepper - the scent, shave and post-shave feel in particular are second to none (they even make up for the fact that I have to work for the lather!)

Truefitt & Hill Style 1 Large (26mm nominal, 27mm actual) silvertip 3-band brush (in faux horn). This is an excellent 3-band brush that is denser than most and has wonderfully soft tips. I have used it with soap and cream. My cost was $122 including the B&B 12% discount.

The B&B essential boar brush was definitely worth every penny. Now I'm just waiting on my Krampert's flask and a Tradere SB. Next week is going to be a really good week.

Semogue 1305 superior boar brush
Load of Mike's natural soaps samples (really loving my first test which is the rose and cedar sample)
Razorock artisan Napoleon's violet
...and my conversion to shaving soaps is complete. I have a new Semogue SOC boar that I haven't touched yet. Love that 1305 and this setup.

All four of my current shaving brushes, listed from oldest to newest: Vintage Blades Rooney 3/1 in Best Badger, Omega Mighty Midget Mixed, Omega 636 Lucretia Borgia in Silvertip, and my month-old Semogue SOC.
Tabac cream, Proraso Red cream, C.O. Bigelow (Proraso Green) cream, and Arko stick.
Feather and Astra SP blades.
Captain's Choice, Layrite's No. 9, and Dominica Bay Rum aftershaves.
Slant DE Razor. My one and only so far is the Merkur 37C.
Gillette LC NEW.
Kent MC4 hair brush.

When I run low (or in the case of the brushes and razors it appears they are breaking down / wearing out), these are the essential items I WILL buy more of.

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
1. Jnat, but I REALLY hope not to buy more of them.... maybe just a nagura or two
2. Star Shaving strop
3. Sanguine shavette

A minty Gillette Heavy Super Speed (Red Tip)! This little puppy was worth the wait! It slipped through my fingers on its first auction and flew under everybody's radar again to land at my doorstep last week!
I can't stop shaving with it, its fantastic! $Red tip2.jpg

Attachments

• $Red tip 1.jpg
    $Red tip 1.jpg
    9.4 KB · Views: 199
Top Bottom