What's new

What are you unpacking/ opening today, show pics or video, we love pics

Eric_75

Not made for these times.
Not shaving related, but someone sent me this.

I'm not going to mix it with Arko. :)

IMG_20221214_152409672.jpg

Mail call.

View attachment 1571628

Let’s start here.

View attachment 1571629
View attachment 1571631
View attachment 1571633

Spoilers…

View attachment 1571634

Hello there, Klenzo!

View attachment 1571636
View attachment 1571637

The Klenzo comes equipped with a familiar head. This is the Conrad or Barbasol Non-Floating variety. There may be others, but this is one of the few of this head in a gold tone that I’ve seen.

View attachment 1571638
View attachment 1571642
View attachment 1571646

To be continued!
I guess we now know where Karve got the inspiration for their baseplates from!

First use of my Cyril R. Salter French Vetiver shaving cream. Link to post with photo of this and other recently acquired creams below.

So this surprise arrived a couple days ago but I've just been to busy to share. I didn't know exactly what I was going to receive but am pleasantly surprised.

F23FE7AB-4163-421B-896A-6BF5C3635BE0.jpeg

5814E534-7C80-43BF-BFFF-C12C9EE85E6C.jpeg

These are Van Yulay, Soap of The Gods shaving soaps. The box is one of their shaving soap sampler Gift Box sets. This particular one is for "Brisk Waters" which is a scent that's an homage to Davidoff Cool Water. It's spot on, let me tell you!

With these gift boxes you can choose any of the many scents they have to offer.

Each box includes:
1 ~ 2.oz Shaving Soap
1 ~ 2.oz After Shave Balm
1 ~ 2.oz After Shave Splash
1 ~ 1.5 oz Bath Bar Soap
1 ~ 1.oz Cologne, Beard Oil, Pre-Shave Oil or a Starter Brush. You get to choose!

The samples are really good too. I used one today.

Anyway, I'm stoked and am thankful. If you're intrigued by what I've said, go check them out.

Today I am unpacking a gifter razor for my son’s 16th birthday as he decided to get into DE shaving. Or at least I thought I was when I noticed the package contained TWO razors. Or gifter decided to throw in a birth year razor for dad as well!! :001_wub::001_wub:

This will definitely see its debut this weekend for Gillette Weekend:

49FA9B57-C8DE-444D-9B00-D9C55B4CCCBA.jpeg
4FB7D9BA-285C-49A6-A07D-EADEEF810D69.jpeg

It’s in a pristine condition as far as I’m concerned. Wow!!

@mgweatherly - you are an amazing soul. You reached out to a young boy for a vintage razor to get into this hobby of ours and then went beyond by slipping in this little surprise for me. I have no other words or thoughts than AMAZING!

Thank you so much. My boy’s birthday is next week and when he has his first shave I will include his experience in my shaving journal.

Thanks again!!

Last edited:

lasta

Blade Biter
Today I am unpacking a gifter razor for my son’s 16th birthday as he decided to get into DE shaving. Or at least I thought I was when I noticed the package contained TWO razors. Or gifter decided to throw in a birth year razor for dad as well!! :001_wub::001_wub:

This will definitely see its debut this weekend for Gillette Weekend:

View attachment 1572615
View attachment 1572616

It’s in a pristine condition as far as I’m concerned. Wow!!

@mgweatherly - you are an amazing soul. You reached out to a young boy for a vintage razor to get into this hobby of ours and then went beyond by slipping in this little surprise for me. I have no other words or thoughts than AMAZING!

Thank you so much. My boy’s birthday is next week and when he has his first shave I will include his experience in my shaving journal.

Thanks again!!
As beautiful a Super Speed as there have ever been!

Congrats on getting one from the @mgweatherly collection, probably the last bastion of shiny Superspeeds around.

As beautiful a Super Speed as there have ever been!

Congrats on getting one from the @mgweatherly collection, probably the last bastion of shiny Superspeeds around.
Thanks @lasta - Mitch is a hero. The Gillette Slim Adjustable he got for my son is as beautiful as this one. I sincerely hope I can convey that special character to my boy so he will truly appreciate the generous gift he’s gotten.

Guido

Some LA Shave Co Fougere, and some Bay Rum goodness from Sterling and Ogallala.

I also picked up a new handle. I bought a flat bottom tech head in the BST from @kingfisher and decided I needed (I totally don’t) a handle to pair with it. Well I saw this on Back Roads Gold’s Etsy page and decided to splurge. Even though it’s more than I have paid or would ever pay for a cased Slim I thought it was neat and was feeling spendy. Looks good with the tech head I think.
2E864092-1FFE-49C8-9CC0-BFBC1C15C26D.jpeg
B6BC05E6-F5ED-4352-A4FF-58971BD2B477.jpeg

Some LA Shave Co Fougere, and some Bay Rum goodness from Sterling and Ogallala.

I also picked up a new handle. I bought a flat bottom tech head in the BST from @kingfisher and decided I needed (I totally don’t) a handle to pair with it. Well I saw this on Back Roads Gold’s Etsy page and decided to splurge. Even though it’s more than I have paid or would ever pay for a cased Slim I thought it was neat and was feeling spendy. Looks good with the tech head I think.
View attachment 1573593View attachment 1573597
Wow! That looks fantastic!
Enjoy the shaves.

Top Bottom