What's new

What are you unpacking/ opening today, show pics or video, we love pics

ERS4

My exploding razor knows secrets
This little thing cannot be used to shave, but it is closely related to the history of shaving.

IMG_20210905_120908.jpg

"Beard token"-the Russian beard tax certificate in the 17th century. People from that era must show a beard token to prove that they were allowed to keep their beard.

Recently, I finally got one as a small decoration for shave den; most of the information does not mention the size, but it is actually smaller than expected.

Due to the love of some hobbyists in the past few years, the imitation of beard tokens on the market is difficult to distinguish, so unless you want to speculate on the price, you don't have to deliberately look for the genuine product.

This time, the official copy issued by the Smithsonian Institution in the United States in 2019 is also meaningful; the front is faithfully copied from the collection of the beard token, and the Cyrillic number on the back of the tax collection date is changed to "2019 "And stamped with the Smithsonian logo.

IMG_20210905_121140.jpg

This little thing cannot be used to shave, but it is closely related to the history of shaving.

View attachment 1323055

"Beard token"-the Russian beard tax certificate in the 17th century. People from that era must show a beard token to prove that they were allowed to keep their beard.

Recently, I finally got one as a small decoration for shave den; most of the information does not mention the size, but it is actually smaller than expected.

Due to the love of some hobbyists in the past few years, the imitation of beard tokens on the market is difficult to distinguish, so unless you want to speculate on the price, you don't have to deliberately look for the genuine product.

This time, the official copy issued by the Smithsonian Institution in the United States in 2019 is also meaningful; the front is faithfully copied from the collection of the beard token, and the Cyrillic number on the back of the tax collection date is changed to "2019 "And stamped with the Smithsonian logo.

View attachment 1323056

That’s cool.

Sent from my iPhoneXR using Tapatalk

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman

View attachment 1323055

View attachment 1323056
Thanks for sharing that bit of history, you never know with history if it could repeat its self. Who would of thought you could be taxed for wearing a beard.

Vintage Skinbracer in a bear wearing overalls (original mennen decanter) and the second bottle of Gillette Sun-Up that i procured from a nice lady cleaning out her FILs closet. Formula still the same on skinbracer although I think smells better than new plastic bottles. Also, can you imagine buying aftershave for 1.50?! So cool!
20210906_192932.jpg
20210906_193708.jpg
20210906_193809.jpg
20210906_193847.jpg

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Bought this new "Viper" boar brush from Yaqi just recently, the handle is just marvelous in that sparkling glitter in the deep green with white clouded wisps. Feels good in the hand and now I'm going to do use my break in method to bring it to a nice level of enjoyment should be good in 2-3 days for the first shave. Cleaned it with shampoo 5 times and lost about 15 hairs which is normal for a boar? This one has a slight boar funk but we will see how it smells as the days go on.
Yaqi #1 boar brush NEW Viper.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Last edited:
Top Bottom