What's new

What are you unpacking/ opening today, show pics or video, we love pics

I have a puck of Fitjar Havn, shaving soap. I’m still trying to figure it out, but I think it likes to be bloomed with water. Great scent and the balm is pretty nice.
I tried the cream today. Not impressed with the performance. The scent is impressively "natural", though: freshly chopped pine (for me, at least) - although it didn't "win me". I wanted to try Havn or Slateroy, but G&C had the Fjellheim sample on sale, so I settled for this one. The problem, now, is that, after the lackluster performance, I don't think I'll try either. Just part of the game...

Last edited:
One extravagance and one steal. If there are any flaws in the Aristocrat (no.15)I won't be looking for them. It looks better in person than I imagined. I was hoping the Gem (1922 Triumph set) would be a curved top, which it is.
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

I tried the cream today. Not impressed with the performance. The scent is impressively "natural", though: freshly chopped pine (for me, at least) - although I didn't "win me". I wanted to try Havn or Slateroy, but G&C had the Fjellheim sample on sale, so I settled for this one. The problem, now, is that, after the lackluster performance, I don't think I'll try either. Just part of the game...
Yep, I have the Slåtterøy, soap and balm. They smell great, but the performance is not up to par with most of my other soaps. Haven’t decided to open it and try it or get rid of it.
Good luck sir!
image.jpg

Today's arrivals
Merkur 34C heavy duty safety razor
Barrister and Mann 42- petunias, Ambergris, Tea and Pan-Galactic Gargle Blaster(Lemon Sugar)

I know ..."what do you mean you just got a 34C?" Since when I got back into DE shaving a year ago I started with the new offerings from Gillette, and since the Heritage basically has a DE89 head I wanted to try the other most popular razor in the category.
As for 42... I couldn't pass up the tribute to Douglas Adams and as the packaging reminds us 42= Life. The Universe. Everything.... Now as long as I don't start reciting Vogon poetry everything should be grand.
PXL_20210801_013817811.jpg

Today's arrivals
Merkur 34C heavy duty safety razor
Barrister and Mann 42- petunias, Ambergris, Tea and Pan-Galactic Gargle Blaster(Lemon Sugar)

I know ..."what do you mean you just got a 34C?" Since when I got back into DE shaving a year ago I started with the new offerings from Gillette, and since the Heritage basically has a DE89 head I wanted to try the other most popular razor in the category.
As for 42... I couldn't pass up the tribute to Douglas Adams and as the packaging reminds us 42= Life. The Universe. Everything.... Now as long as I don't start reciting Vogon poetry everything should be grand.
View attachment 1304880

Stay hoopy frood!

Today was another early Christmas. :clap:

Here's my present (to me) just out of the box, the new-kid-on-the-block:
Black-Shavemac-20-48-Silvertip-2-Band-1_2021-08-03.jpg

Then after a shave preparation clean:
Black-Shavemac-20-48-Silvertip-2-Band-2_2021-08-03.jpg

I love the Semogue Torga shape, so when I spotted Shavemac's "120" I had to have it. I went with my favorite 20mm knot but increased the loft a tad to 48mm to boost the flow-through.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Yaqi 2 band badger 24mm Mountain lake handle . I bought it on sale, I have another Yaqi 24mm 2 band(finest badger) and was impressed so at this price it was worth the buy and will be my last brush for some time. I always wanted this handle and so BAD kicked in again.
Yaqi #1 24mm 2band badger Mountain lake 3.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Top Bottom