What's new

What are you unpacking/ opening today, show pics or video, we love pics

Nothing really special. I keep seeing guys talking about the new Cella Bio, so when WCS had their free shipping the other day I grabbed a tube. I couldn't resist $8.05 out the door.
IMG_0441.JPG

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Have been having a touch of BAD lately and bought 4 brushes on Yaqi sales & discounts recently, I like sales and when I see something I like I impulse buy when it seems like a bargain. :rolleyes: :001_smile
New 1st Yaqi 24mm boar brush with a Ferrari handle, first cleaning it shed some very fine hairs like they said it would. Yaqi does not make many boar brushes and seem to do small batches.
Yaqi boar brush. bought on sale for $9.00.jpg

Have some great shaves! Stay & think safe in these times!

Have been having a touch of BAD lately and bought 4 brushes on Yaqi sales & discounts recently, I like sales and when I see something I like I impulse buy when it seems like a bargain. :rolleyes: :001_smile
New 1st Yaqi 24mm boar brush with a Ferrari handle, first cleaning it shed some very fine hairs like they said it would. Yaqi does not make many boar brushes and seem to do small batches.
View attachment 1248633
Have some great shaves! Stay & think safe in these times!

😍
Every man has the right to be weak when put before a Yaqi sale! Congratulations! Yaqi boar! I knew i had forgotten something! Damn! In my last order, i asked Yaqi why they don't use the new handles to the badger brushes too. They replied that they will forward the idea to their factory. Maybe you should do the same for boars!

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
😍
Every man has the right to be weak when put before a Yaqi sale! Congratulations! Yaqi boar! I knew i had forgotten something! Damn! In my last order, i asked Yaqi why they don't use the new handles to the badger brushes too. They replied that they will forward the idea to their factory. Maybe you should do the same for boars!
Yaqi boar brushes are rare, they might not have expertise like other boar brush MFG's, Yaqi makes excellent synthetics and Badger brushes but maybe boar is not their bright spot of brush Manufacturing?? They mentioned that this knot would shed and they where right but after a few cleaning we will see! The brush did not smell of animal funk or at least this one and at the moment I'm using the Matic59(Youtube) way of breaking in a boar brush from a old Italian barber formula he found out about by having the brush bristles emerged in cold water 24 hrs and then rubbing on a towel for 5-10 minutes and then re-lather with shampoo a few times and into the fridge for another 24hrs + rub on towel a 2nd time and then dry out to get the tips to split some more & then ready for normal use.(quick way to break in a boar brush?) We will see the end results.

The red is the best cologne type scent i have ever smelled in a shaving soap! And actually easy to guess by just reading the description of the manufacturer. I must buy it again at some point. Alas, i just joined the restraint. Happy shaves!
I don't know, I prefer the West Indian Limes, in the green box. Both smell amazing, though.

By the way, if anybody likes a really nice bath soap, it doesn't get any better than Truefitt and Hill's bath soap in the West Indian Limes scent. A better scent, even, than the cream. A fantastic bath soap. Pricey, but lasts for months, and makes every shower amazing.

I have the exact boar brush as pictured. Unused. They sent it by mistake. You can have it for the price of shipping if you’d like.
😍

Pereira

Attachments

• 890A4C7C-FEC3-4635-9C7E-C1C506462A9D.jpeg
    890A4C7C-FEC3-4635-9C7E-C1C506462A9D.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 11
  • 123FC37A-7558-43AC-B6A8-B03AB0283BB0.jpeg
    123FC37A-7558-43AC-B6A8-B03AB0283BB0.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 10
  • 1A44FA4B-DF2A-4E63-8E12-CD4B8E2D4BDB.jpeg
    1A44FA4B-DF2A-4E63-8E12-CD4B8E2D4BDB.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 9
  • 63633DBB-5CB8-4E9A-AE0A-15DADBFDC71F.jpeg
    63633DBB-5CB8-4E9A-AE0A-15DADBFDC71F.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 11
  • AA545BEE-5977-4AF2-801C-565F0B06F106.jpeg
    AA545BEE-5977-4AF2-801C-565F0B06F106.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 13
  • 33A52F8F-89C9-459B-AA59-B90D92B7CA05.jpeg
    33A52F8F-89C9-459B-AA59-B90D92B7CA05.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 13
Your absolutely right. It feels like quality in the hand and performs even better. The blades are surprising as well. Got a BBS shave yesterday and another today. This will be the razor that takes my recommendation for beginners.
Did not yet try if the razor is a like any blade thing which would make it a great cheap travel razor.
If you like the kcg blades try to find Gillette platinum light blue for me it’s twin with another name.

Top Bottom