What's new

What are you unpacking/ opening today, show pics or video, we love pics

Stirling order. Some things were needed. Some things weren't needed. A bottle or two or three for the wife and daughter. The entire family is now using Stirling bar soap.

PXL_20201202_184113705.jpg

I have been buying stuff Aliexpress for a couple years now with not to many issues. If you are dealing with Yaqi I would think you will get your razor. That razor is a nice one, I have a RR SLOC that is the same head. If you find it to mild try a KAI SS blade in it because it is a little wider than a standard blade and will give a little extra blade exposure.
Have some great shaves!
Thanks, @Ron R!

i had a brush cancelled for whatever reason during transit to me,lucky i had checked the status of order, i contacted Yaqi and they quickly sent out the item again, i received it eventually, i don't know why the original item was returned to them during transit, but i received it in the end, Yaqi were spot on, i wouldnt blame Yaqi for the original confusion👍🏼
Great to hear! Thanks @bluesparkuk!

An arrival from Reddit today:
58F00C7B-92B2-40D7-BDAC-3121DC66D6E2.jpeg

As soon as I saw the Tallow + Steel, I jumped on it. I had the aftershave from a den-clearing buy earlier this summer and thought it was excellent and have been keeping an eye out for more. Also nabbed the BarrBarr because I already had the soap. Added the others out of curiosity and because the price was right. The Eufros is a dynamite scent. The Stirling is almost a candy-like grapefruit (very sweet) and not natural like ToBS, as I was hoping. But, hey: it’s going to be great lather and, even better, it’s mentholated!

An arrival from Reddit today:
View attachment 1189695
As soon as I saw the Tallow + Steel, I jumped on it. I had the aftershave from a den-clearing buy earlier this summer and thought it was excellent and have been keeping an eye out for more. Also nabbed the BarrBarr because I already had the soap. Added the others out of curiosity and because the price was right. The Eufros is a dynamite scent. The Stirling is almost a candy-like grapefruit (very sweet) and not natural like ToBS, as I was hoping. But, hey: it’s going to be great lather and, even better, it’s mentholated!

Sweet Haul.

Sent from my iPhoneXR using Tapatalk

Just received my last 2 brushes of 3 from the Yaqi 11.11 sale, Very nice brushes. Washed and cleaned up for some fine lathering in the weeks & years ahead.
(left) Yaqi Chianti's 24mm synthetic.....................................................(Right) Yaqi Evil Zebra handle 26mm synthetic
View attachment 1189246
Have some great shaves! Stay & think safe in these times!
Look great. I’ve got them both intransit now. Hopefully here in another week. Great prices on them.

B&M soap & AS balm. Soft heart serious with incredible scent. The name is brew Ha-Ha for this release. The water was replaced with a chocolate porter from a local brew house in The town Will lives. The soap has coffee notes forward And mixed with the chocolate i get caramel scent. I know this scent is more complicated than my nose can explain. Gourmand but wearable to me. This will be an excellent morning shave pairing.
4F81BDC9-FA24-4AAB-B6B6-0297B8ACAB94.jpeg

C0F2B74D-70D7-4F2C-B221-76EF22611BF3.jpeg

This is my first serious order regarding DE/ wet shaving products and it took almost 40 days to arrive and numerous visits to Post Office.

My first Stainless Steel Razor :
Razorock BBS with Bulldog Handle

My first Barrister and Mann shaving soap :
Hallows Shaving Soap

and, how can I not have a Tobacco smelling soap ?
Life seemed incomplete without this Sinister companion :
Razorock Puros Shaving Soap

This is my initial set-up for wet shaving and some more items are also coming in from WCS (November GRUME was hard).
This is going to be a start for my humble Shaving Den (someday)

Italian Barber did a wonderful job in packaging and billing.
I'm very pleased to inform them (if they're here) that they should expect more orders from me.
As another gentleman suggested in another thread to use sharper blades with the razor, I'll be using Gillette 7 O'clock Black and see if it suits me.

Any suggestions regarding the blades, razor technique and soaps are welcome as I'm new and eager for any pointers.

It became rather lengthy, thanks for reading.

IMG_20201203_165737.jpg
IMG_20201203_165842.jpg

Some Yaqi goodness from 11.11 sale came in today.
Tried the razor tonight. Holy mother of God is that thing aggressive! Definitely gonna need some practice with it. 2 small cuts but 2-pass BBS.
proxy.php

Envoyé de mon SM-N950W en utilisant Tapatalk
I tossed that razor head in with my last brush order from them, too, just to see how it would be to shave with a DE that has been reported to be a BEAST. I shave routinely with an open blade razor, so I feel like I can handle it, but only time will tell.

I tossed that razor head in with my last brush order from them, too, just to see how it would be to shave with a DE that has been reported to be a BEAST. I shave routinely with an open blade razor, so I feel like I can handle it, but only time will tell.
Shouldn't be a problem if you shave with an open blade razor! I'm sure I can handle it too, at the end of the day, it's a matter of technique. This is the first razor I buy without reading any reviews before doing so. It just came as a total surprise! Lol

Envoyé de mon SM-N950W en utilisant Tapatalk

Top Bottom