What's new

What are you unpacking/ opening today, show pics or video, we love pics

I really like the Goodfellas soaps, I'm in love with my Furiah right now, and before that I had Inferno, and it was awesome as well........good scents and great soaps overall. I'm very impressed and the price point is the bomb.
Thanks for the tip, I’ve looked at the Furiah - if you haven’t tried them already, I’m also partial to the Amber Fougere and the Shibusa 2. And as you say, the prices are spot on.

Today I unpacked a 1951 W3 Super Speed with aluminum handle and black plastic tip. It's somewhat rare, but no big deal. The Korean War had depleted brass reserves, so Gillette used aluminum for the handle. Covered with rust and soap scum within, it did not look appealing. But we know the rust is from blades left in the razor. And the soap scum means this was likely the first user. And it had been kept in a plastic case. The razor cleaned up beautifully.

But the real score was the case. It came in a fully functional fat boy case, complete with both front tabs and spring! I have been looking for such a case for my prized fat boy, but it seems the only ones available are broken. When you do see one, they go for upwards of $50. I paid much less for both the razor and case. It was the picture of the case that got me to buy the razor. But it turns out the razor is quite nice too.

ss w case.jpg

My Sue Moore winnings! (Un)fortunately I don’t get to use any of it until Christmas though. The only way my wonderful wife would let me off my temporary self imposed pinky promise three month shave purchase sabbatical till after Christmas. It is going to support a great cause so she conceded to the bidding.
Gillette Super Adjustable 109, Semogue 1305, Omega S brush, What the Puck Orange Sunrise, and PolSilver Super Iridium.
F30C6548-C13F-40AC-AFF0-AF6BE1DF960F.jpeg
37E56C89-80A4-470E-9DED-FF42023CF79E.jpeg

Yesterday I received my five Stirling samples that I ordered as well as a free Sandpiper shampoo bar sample. I put the Executive Man in a container that I 3D printed right away for use today. Every one of the scents are very pleasant and I am sure I will be ordering a jar of at least a couple of them.
IMG_20201026_200700.jpg

I also got my box of PIF goodies from @dmshaver It was almost like an early Christmas.
IMG_20201026_201027.jpg

Finally got my M5 washers and Old Spice Shaving Cream from Maggard Razors figured add that to my order shipping is gonna kill the cost of the washers so figure why not and wanted to try this cream before also waiting now on a ossma block from Itilain Barber since they didn't have it at magards at the time and a razor rock hd handle now they have the plates after I ordered few days ago

Attachments

• PXL_20201027_183646200.jpg
    PXL_20201027_183646200.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 26
Got my Auction winnings from Captain Pre-Capsize!!
The auction was for the razor caddy and the brush, but he was kind enough to thrown in a sample of Land Ho, Nor'Easter soap, and a full bottle of the unobtainum original formula Nor'Easter Aftershave!!!
The samples and full unobtainum Nor'Easter were a total surprise!!
CapTain Pre-Capsize is very generous, and a stand up guy!!
The brush is absolutely mesmerizing when you turn and look at it!!
IMG_6091.JPG

IMG_6093.JPG

Top Bottom