SV After Shave Balm 70th Anniversary
SV After Shave Desert Vetiver
SV After Shave Cubebe 125ml
SV The Shaving Grail bowl
SV Desert Vetiver - Shaving Soap 150g
SV Opuntia Eau de Parfum 100ml
proxy.php

Sent from my SM-A505FN using Tapatalk

My wife was in TKMax today, (British version of TJ Maxx) while I waited in the car 🙄 when she rang me to go in and check out the aftershaves etc. They didn’t have a load of stuff, but I picked up these:

2D1C8DBF-6709-450A-B347-EC704FF10524.jpeg

I haven’t encountered these Old Spice versions before, but they‘re probably for the Middle-Eastern market, given the Arabic script on the back. Smell nice and Old Spicey, tho’. And the Tabac attracted me for its ‘old school‘ fragrance, and the bowl!

A 92cc bottle of Corvette AS. I am not sure of the age of this or certain of the maker, possibly Goya but it does not say 'Goya' anywhere on the label. Does anyone know for certain?
It certainly looks genuine. :001_cool:

Corvette ASL was released (by Goya) in 1951. It was discontinued but I have no idea when.

HERE's a link which contains further helpful links.

It looks like they did several labels of those small warships:
Corvette ASL 1951.jpg

which apparently started out with the French Navy in the 1670s and are still current (but not as pretty).

Received the Yaqi Ferrari brush this morning. It was cheap because the handle has a defect (I am still trying to find the defect) 24mm tuxedo knot
Yaqi sent me the same brush by mistake (see my post on the previous page; I was supposed to receive a Sagrada Familia).

The defect is visible at the transition point between the black upper half and the red lower half. There's a bit of a mould line and/or flashing that you might be able to snag with a fingernail. You have to look for it because it wouldn't be obvious with a casual inspection.

So, yeah, it's not much of a defect. However, they can't sell it for full price because it's not present on their non-defect Ferrari brushes (or other brushes with a similar handle style, like the Chianti, Ruby, and Mysterious Space).

Will be pairing it with a 26mm Badger knot from Milton at TNS next week. Heritage Collection reproduction of the Cmon 77-5.

View attachment 1153634
View attachment 1153636
Follow up on the knot from Milton @ Turn N Shave.. One of the biggest reasons I love this hobby is to support some of the best artisans in this space and enjoy the fruits of their labor! 26mm FanTip V5 Gel..
IMG_2220.jpg

I may be more excited about this purchase than any recent acquisition. I have been using the plastic Timeless lather bowl for the past year and it is a great bowl, but take a look at this thing of beauty. I had this custom made by a vendor on Etsy (Symmetrical Pottery) to a certain size and they could not have done a better job producing exactly what I asked for. It took just over 3 months for delivery, but worth the wait.

IMG_6353.jpeg

IMG_6356.jpeg

I may be more excited about this purchase than any recent acquisition. I have been using the plastic Timeless lather bowl for the past year and it is a great bowl, but take a look at this thing of beauty. I had this custom made by a vendor on Etsy (Symmetrical Pottery) to a certain size and they could not have done a better job producing exactly what I asked for. It took just over 3 months for delivery, but worth the wait.

View attachment 1157212

View attachment 1157213

That bowl looks amazing!

Seems like you have a lot of fragrances! I’m kind of jealous, because I love colognes, but unfortunately, I am allergic to most of them. I have an intense allergy to cedar and juniper, and a somewhat weaker allergy to sandalwood. You’d be surprised how many colognes cedar and sandalwood allergies eliminate! There is virtually nothing left. Almost all colognes have either cedar or sandalwood (and sometimes both) in the middle notes or base notes.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Received the Yaqi Ferrari brush this morning. It was cheap because the handle has a defect (I am still trying to find the defect) 24mm tuxedo knot
I bought one of those a few days ago because I really like the Tuxedo knot 24mm, I bought 3 different brushes and 2 are for Christmas presents for the son in law and also my son.
You will enjoy the Tuxedo knot, they had some other tuxedo brushes but they lowered the knot in the handle with a loft of only 48mm instead of the 55mm loft. The shorter the loft the nicer it is for scrubbing that some folks like, I like the longer loft for a gentler scrub. The Tuxedo knot is hard to beat and especially a Yaqi tuxedo knot with those cloud like soft tips, just down right excellent. Yaqi makes brushes and knots for a lot of North American shave suppliers also.
Have some great shaves!

Seems like you have a lot of fragrances! I’m kind of jealous, because I love colognes, but unfortunately, I am allergic to most of them. I have an intense allergy to cedar and juniper, and a somewhat weaker allergy to sandalwood. You’d be surprised how many colognes cedar and sandalwood allergies eliminate! There is virtually nothing left. Almost all colognes have either cedar or sandalwood (and sometimes both) in the middle notes or base notes.
I am getting a collection going. My real allergy is to milk, eggs and cheese can kill me off. Makes life fun...one of my favorite scents is sandalwood. 👍

Top Bottom