What's new

What are you unpacking/ opening today, show pics or video, we love pics

All I have is this right now. Ordered yesterday, they don't fool around I tell you what.

proxy.php

My Roman Empire Shaving Caesar razor arrived today along with the hundred pack of Champion platinum blades and a four blade pack sampler (out of which the only ones I did not already have were the Rubies). Somewhat curiously my Astra SS hundred pack was not included in the package, even though it was on the same order from the same seller (razor blades club). But wouldn't be the first time I get items in larger orders shipped separately.
I will try out the razor tomorrow,
IMG_20191220_105442.jpg
but I kind of have an idea what to expect, since the head is very similar to a Muhle R89.
P.S. and I need to sweep my carpet.

7E6FBCFF-4220-4AE6-8BC9-F44B7D9FFEF4.jpeg
C32939FE-2F59-4AF7-B34C-1ECD992C7C67.jpeg
BC850B27-414E-4AB4-ADAC-8CF67767820D.jpeg

So I scored this on “the bay” I was pretty stoked to find out that these were made right here in Milwaukee, so I now have two straight razors of my three that were made right here in brew city.

Seems to be of great shape, clean and sharp, scales are in perfect condition and the blade is nice and straight as well. I’m not too sure when I’ll use it, but I’ll give it a good stropping before I do use it.

Attachments

• C0E0C00D-BB1D-4581-AD7F-3128D6B55D35.jpeg
    C0E0C00D-BB1D-4581-AD7F-3128D6B55D35.jpeg
    643.1 KB · Views: 8

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Christmas brought some surprises this year from family members, They usually shake their heads when I buy something about shaving. :001_smile Avon new " True Gent"is nice stuff if you like tobacco and Vanilla ....., I have some other named Avon old stock I do not care for but their containers are a work of art IMO.
Christmas presents 2019 (2).jpg

Have some great shaves!

The last 100 blade pack I ordered came today. 100 7 O'Clock Gillette Super Platinum. Straight from India. Three of the packs were a little busted up because of the shipping, but I won't hold that against the seller. Paid 13.79$ with free shipping.
I was expecting a 100 pack of Astra SS from RBC, but those have not arrived yet.
IMG_20191231_100142.jpg

Two packages arrived today. The first one contained the replacement for a Fine Accoutrements "Classic" brush that arrived with a damaged knot. I asked Todd Cerami (Fine's owner) if it was salvageable, but he said "Nevermind that. Just give me your address." and sent another one. Great service!

proxy.php

The second package contained a razor stand from AliExpress. Nicely anodized aluminum with a non-slip silicone pad on the bottom. 15.9 mm inner hole diameter. Weighs 99 grams (3.5 oz), so it won't tip over even with a tall or heavy razor.

proxy.php

Holding a RazoRock Game Changer .84-P with a Barber Pole handle:

proxy.php

Two packages arrived today. The first one contained the replacement for a Fine Accoutrements "Classic" brush that arrived with a damaged knot. I asked Todd Cerami (Fine's owner) if it was salvageable, but he said "Nevermind that. Just give me your address." and sent another one. Great service!

proxy.php

The second package contained a razor stand from AliExpress. Nicely anodized aluminum with a non-slip silicone pad on the bottom. 15.9 mm inner hole diameter. Weighs 99 grams (3.5 oz), so it won't tip over even with a tall or heavy razor.

proxy.php

Holding a RazoRock Game Changer .84-P with a Barber Pole handle:

proxy.php
Nice looking razor stand.

I used a friend of a friend's M-date coded Amabassador a few months ago for 3 shaves, and honestly, wasn't actually blown away. However, after spending some time researching more about some revisions, AND after unexpectedly selling my .68 polished SS Timeless as few days ago, I decided "what the heck" and ordered one direct from Razor Emporium. I know a guy who would buy it off me at a minimal loss if for whatever reason I didn't like it, so minimal risk.

Anyway, I look forward to first shave tomorrow.

O3 date code

IMG_0788.jpg

proxy.php

proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

One of the last purchases of last year. In our Aussie shaving group there is an amateur wood turner who dabbles in brushes from time to time. I had him make a brush for me - this is the result.

He also threw in a good dollar - he’d honed it for use. I’m waiting on a strop to arrive before giving it a go. But it will definitely be a change from a shavette.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Mail call...
20200106_184348.jpg

Was given 2 open combs made by Pearl by a local online supplier. He didn't wanna charge me so I bought some blades Derby Usta and Sharks that I've never tried and my first Arko. Was surprised how small the Arko stick..
20200106_185555.jpg

20200106_184430.jpg

20200106_184532.jpg

20200106_184956.jpg

That's the local name for the Pearl open comb. Blade first time was spot on...
2 of the same...
Perhaps I can trade with someone for another type of op3n combs..

Top Bottom