What's new

What are you unpacking/ opening today, show pics or video, we love pics

I just posted two videos to YouTube of mail calls and I am super excited about what has shown up. There is so much to this hobby and I love that there is new, old, and everything in between.

I honestly am posting links to the videos because I just forgot to take a lot of pictures.

Soap & aftershave balm from Stirling Soap.

proxy.php

Turns out it's also good for shaving!

Interesting! Who would have thought... ?

I must say it was an exciting day when she ASKED me to buy shaving gear. And I am, of course, hoping I'll get to try it out.

But honestly, now I'm a tad worried that some day she'll ask to try my Wacker "Old Sheffield", Fili 14, W&B FBU, Rigarazor, etc., ...

All the way from Canada to the Netherlands, today Noble Otter Jungle Warrior finally arrived. I bought it at topofthechain (because it was sold out already at Maggard), and it took way longer than at Maggard Razor, not sure why
proxy.php

Another mail call for me.
I have just received a new sharpening stone, it is a German Thuringian yellow / green. It's a finishing stone. I bought from someone on a German forum forum-der-rasur, way better than all the crazy pices on ebay
proxy.php

Just got a new soap which I was quite excited for when it released and saw the scent notes:
Storybook Soapworks Carnivale

Wow the scent is amazing, it smells like caramel(and I love caramel), so I would definitely recommend this soap. Wow wow wow amazing scent. The caramel is not very strong my nose, just good in balance with other scent I find hard to identify.
And of course Storybook Soapworks soap is great in performance very slick soap.
proxy.php

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
I seem to like the Vintage razors when it comes to buying lately. I did purchase a One blade core but it is on a slow train.
Unbox1 (2).jpg

Unbox 2 (2).jpg

unbox 3 (2).jpg

Have some great shaves!

Had a two packages come in last night, one from ebay seller, and another from Italian Barber. Also, stopped by Marshalls and CVS.

Karatsu_TFAshaver11-8-19unbox-1.JPG

Nice haul! I see that you're getting into this hobby pretty deep in, haha. Enjoy them!
Yeah, it might be time for me to take a little break from purchasing. I probably have enough stuff to do my YouTube videos for the next few months. But there are so many new, and vintage razors, brushes, soaps, creams, and after shaves I want to try. Then there is the stuff I have come to really like that I now want full size containers of, but am waiting till I get sick of trying new stuff. And I like to compare things and then also use things for longer periods of time...Rabbit Hole Big Time for me right now. I usually get bored after a few years of something though. That or I make it into a gig. I have been toying with making my own brush handles out of wood and metal, but not for a few years hopefully.

Yeah, it might be time for me to take a little break from purchasing. I probably have enough stuff to do my YouTube videos for the next few months. But there are so many new, and vintage razors, brushes, soaps, creams, and after shaves I want to try. Then there is the stuff I have come to really like that I now want full size containers of, but am waiting till I get sick of trying new stuff. And I like to compare things and then also use things for longer periods of time...Rabbit Hole Big Time for me right now. I usually get bored after a few years of something though. That or I make it into a gig. I have been toying with making my own brush handles out of wood and metal, but not for a few years hopefully.
It's been the same for me. I got into it real hard (I think I'm still in) but I'm now trying to settle in with a solid rotation of products. I'm still a big brushhead at the moment but I'm learning to enjoy what I have.

Well, one of the last packages of shaving gear I expect to get for awhile showed up tonight:

Karatsu_TFAshaverFatBoy-1.JPG
Karatsu_TFAshaverFatBoy-2.JPG
Karatsu_TFAshaverFatBoy-3.JPG

I was lucky and scored this Fat Boy from a seller. It is going to get a mild cleaning and disinfecting and then it is into the rotation with this Fat Boy. It's a 1961 and from what I can tell I got an amazing deal. It seems really lightly used and I am excited to add this to my rotation with my Slim Adjustable, New SC, and Triangle-slot Tech. Waiting on one more package and then I think I am done with most of my vintage Gillette hunt. Minus a few Grail/Dream Type acquisitions (a toggle, a Single or Double Ring) and a few other standards (Black Beauty and New LC). I like having usable razors that I don't baby, but this one is supper close to being too nice by my standards. Good luck with your acquisitions and I hope you are as lucky as I am in your finds!

20191109_142849.jpg

Received these all the way from UK carried by a friend. No way to get aftershaves shipped by air. Some shave stuff either can't be send to my place of way too expensive. This online shave company offers the best rates. I have another batch on the way by air at only £4. Great forum and thanks for letting me share.

Top Bottom