What's new

What are you unpacking/ opening today, show pics or video, we love pics

Today I opened a nice package. It is a J2 Gillette slim in fantastic condition. Crazy story about this, I bought one on eBay to have shipped off to North Shore Razors. I liked the way it shaved so much that I bought this one on eBay while trying to go to sleep one night. The pictures and description said it was in good condition. As I was waiting on it to get here, a fellow member here was looking for one and I told him I had a good one on the way and would sell it to him once I got it. Well, I wasn't expecting it to be on near perfect condition, especially with what I paid for it. So I kind of waffled and told him I didn't want to sell it. Then my conscience kicked in and knew I had to sell it to the fine gentlemen, just asked that he gave me a chance to buy it back if he sold it. Low and behold, he decided he liked his Rockwell better and offered it up back to me. At the time, I had just got my North Shore slim back, so didn't really think I needed another one. But I remembered how nice this was. Bought it back and got it today, thank you @Tostig for being such a great member! I did have to ship my other one back to North Shore as a small bit of the door didn't get painted, so it's nice to have this to shave with. I do believe once the North Shore one gets back it will be going on the BST.

IMG_20190606_150436.jpg
IMG_20190606_150433.jpg
IMG_20190606_150441.jpg
IMG_20190606_150446.jpg
IMG_20190606_150444.jpg
IMG_20190606_150457.jpg
IMG_20190606_150451.jpg

Mail call!

Hello there, WCS Synthetic!

proxy.php

I have about 8 synthetic brushes and this has been by far my favorite so far. Always whips up a good lather without struggle, it doesn't have a lot of backbone but I just use less pressure than some other synthetics and find it works well like that. I got it during WCS black friday sale for about $9 shipped which was a steal. Hope you enjoy it.

I have about 8 synthetic brushes and this has been by far my favorite so far. Always whips up a good lather without struggle, it doesn't have a lot of backbone but I just use less pressure than some other synthetics and find it works well like that. I got it during WCS black friday sale for about $9 shipped which was a steal. Hope you enjoy it.

Thank you! I really like this handle shape. I have a Stirling Badger with the same shape. Super comfortable to use.

Came home yesterday to a full mailbox. Second haul from Maggard and first from WCS. Upgraded from my Stirling starter kit to the EJ DE89 and a Yaqi synthetic. Coming from the Li'l Brudder, I was not expecting the brush to be this big!

IMG_1169.jpeg

Package from Germany. Only took a Month. Snail Mail.
proxy.php
proxy.php

Small bottle just to see if I like it.
Not bad $5.00 free shipping.
Hence the Snail Mail.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just received my first purchase of Stone Cottage soaps and creams. Big assortment of scents. Looking forward to trying each.

Checked a couple scents and they are fine. Wife thinks they are great. That's what counts.

DSC00237.JPG
DSC00244.JPG

David, at Stone Cottage, is very helpful and has a great variety of scents available. Check him out in the Marketplace Forum.

Just got 4 soaps from Italy (Saponificio Varesino) (expect the Felce Aromatica Beta 4.3 I now have all SV soaps currently on the SV website)
proxy.php
Well then, my good man, we shall be expecting a full report and comparative critique from you on these products in due course.

Decided to get a 24mm Yaqi Cashmere synthetic. It only took 2 weeks to arrive, I'm pleased. I'll be curious to compare it to my other synthetics.
IMG_1304.jpg

That's a beautiful brush, congrats.
Thank you. I read many praising the Cashmere knot, so I decided to try it. I used it for my shave today, & it impressed me. I need quite a few more shaves with it before writing a review. But I will simply say I had a very nice shave today.

Top Bottom