Haul from the German drugstore chain Müller
D5A7747C-D11F-40A9-9D58-4AAABD0FF991.jpeg
Wilkinson shaving cream EUR 0.89
Heinrich Hager Tobacco AS 2.79
German Pitralon classic AS 5.70 Cedar scent
small Sir Irisch Moos AS 12.99

This the terracotta?
Yes this is the terracotta
I think black white or lime might be more attractive though. Material does not feel cheap but it doesn’t look expensive. Plastic looks a bit like re used plastic. Wish they added some sparkling flakes in there. And they should have given it a silicone bottom ring to prevent slipping on smooth surfaces. Still happy with it since it performs even better as my granite mortar. Did not check heat retention though.

Yes this is the terracotta
I think black white or lime might be more attractive though. Material does not feel cheap but it doesn’t look expensive. Plastic looks a bit like re used plastic. Wish they added some sparkling flakes in there. And they should have given it a silicone bottom ring to prevent slipping on smooth surfaces. Still happy with it since it performs even better as my granite mortar. Did not check heat retention though.
I’m contemplating the dark brown...

Did not yet try if the razor is a like any blade thing which would make it a great cheap travel razor. If you like the kcg blades try to find Gillette platinum light blue for me it’s twin with another name.
This is a quality built razor and for me would be too heavy and long to use as a travel razor. I am a Silver Blue fan and found the KCG blade to surpass those atleast in this razor. I have not tried the blades in a different razor yet.

Last edited:
This is a quality built razor and for me would be too heavy and long to use as a travel razor. I am a Silver Blue fan and found the KCG blade to surpass those atleast in this razor. I have not tried the blades in a different razor yet.
I have used them in my futul instead of a gsb and they are very nice. And the futul is picky
I paid 7.49 for my kcg so with that price it is a nice travel razor unless it is picky blade wise for that time you have to use local blades. So I have to try that one.

The swirls which should give it a more natural effect simply reminds me of recycled plastic. No idea if dark brown or grey lessens the effect.
No offense, but the color of the bowl looks like the drainpipes that they use in my neck of the woods...
On Pereiras site it looks more reddish like brick.

No offense, but the color of the bowl looks like the drainpipes that they use in my neck of the woods...
On Pereiras site it looks more reddish like brick.
Unfortunately brick (rofl at least that of my 1895 house) is a lot more red.
and I am not offended I was having my doubt on the color also. But it is no reason to send it back for me. Most important it lathers quick and cleans quick.
wish they made a travel lid for it so you could use It as storage. With the brush u it is long enough for a long razor handle. And wide enough for brushes some soap blades etc.

still a lot prettier as that polypropylene which paa used in the scuttle

and I am not offended I was having my doubt on the color also. But it is no reason to send it back for me. Most important it lathers quick and cleans quick.
wish they made a travel lid for it so you could use It as storage. With the brush u it is long enough for a long razor handle. And wide enough for brushes some soap blades etc.

AZ is your friend Silicon lids

I went with dark brown now.

linty1

My wallet cries.
@Ivo4u2 How do you like the Pereira? I got mine a while ago and its my favourite, just right on all counts.

Anyways, had this come in, picked out a few peices from att returns section:

AF20B946-226F-429D-A0E7-C2052CFC89CA.jpeg

B58D8DFA-DEF1-4A8C-82D7-5C1101C3B32B.jpeg

5024F726-4353-42CD-B537-775798854B8C.jpeg

6969ED12-B4DF-462A-9AF9-DC847140A4F7.jpeg

D3D83A9E-A924-4CD1-9D24-62C48294B8B7.jpeg

I think I lucked out, I don't see any blemishes/marks etc? Its also nice how they shipped a return in its own box with all the trimmings, they didn't/don't have to, but they do.

@linty1
As a lather machine the Pereira ticks almost all the boxes!
Easy to lather
Easy to hold
Easy to clean
Easy to dry
Lightweight
Unbreakable
Handy thump brush holder.
No chance of damage to furniture flooring or feet due to usage or dropping.

Could not try heat retention that is for tomorrow I guess.

lesser points/nitpicking
the red/orange material is not so pretty but it is not bad either.
I wish it had a non slip ring on the bottom to keep it steady.
I wish it had a form fitting lid to use it as a container during holidays.
Most likely I mcgyver last two points.

overall very happy with it

linty1

My wallet cries.
@linty1
As a lather machine the Pereira ticks almost all the boxes!
Easy to lather
Easy to hold
Easy to clean
Easy to dry
Lightweight
Unbreakable
Handy thump brush holder.
No chance of damage to furniture flooring or feet due to usage or dropping.

Could not try heat retention that is for tomorrow I guess.

lesser points/nitpicking
the red/orange material is not so pretty but it is not bad either.
I wish it had a non slip ring on the bottom to keep it steady.
I wish it had a form fitting lid to use it as a container during holidays.
Most likely I mcgyver last two points.

overall very happy with it

Agreed, I think a lid might be difficult because you have the handle that has the brush hold part.. maybe if you found one that fits -into- the bowl instead of over it?

And yes on the slipping, I usually just place it on a folded towel.

Top Bottom