What's new

What are you unpacking/ opening today, show pics or video, we love pics

PXL_20210226_220933229.jpg

PAA CaD via a trade with a fellow B&Ber came today. My wife said "that smells like my Dad". Yep, he uses Barbasol.

Also first use of one of the 100 Schick Super Stainless that came yesterday

PDP No 63 is my favorite scent of all of my soaps. And one of the least expensive. The matching balm works better than Nivea and the matching EDT is long lasting. All are reasonably priced. It will always be in my rotation.

Same. My favourite scent out of about 60 soaps and creams.

Stuff lasts forever too.

Amazing endorsement! Already added to my Amazon basket.

NDC, aftermarket key.
It took me a second to realize what this razor was -- a "Psycho Tech," right? The lack of that characteristic chain and key ring on the end of the key threw me off and I was wondering what that even was. I guess these are pretty rare! That must be a rewarding find.

It took me a second to realize what this razor was -- a "Psycho Tech," right? The lack of that characteristic chain and key ring on the end of the key threw me off and I was wondering what that even was. I guess these are pretty rare! That must be a rewarding find.

Correct! Gillette Psycho Tech with no date code (NDC).l

Not as much unpacking than browsing the local antique store aisle and grabbing a few thing for under $20 total, probably over paid for it but oh well I had fun. the Gillette thin blade box was open but full, the other 3 have 2 or 3 blades left in each of them. The tiny travel Gillette razor was at $10, my first vintage razor unfortunately not in its box. Many straight razor but only 2 Safety razor seen, a few more single edge razor.

IMG-7908.jpg

Not as much unpacking than browsing the local antique store aisle and grabbing a few thing for under $20 total, probably over paid for it but oh well I had fun. the Gillette thin blade box was open but full, the other 3 have 2 or 3 blades left in each of them. The tiny travel Gillette razor was at $10, my first vintage razor unfortunately not in its box. Many straight razor but only 2 Safety razor seen, a few more single edge razor.

View attachment 1228940

Those Travel Techs are neat. I picked up one at a garage sale cheap. I don’t shave with the short handle much but I use it quite a bit with one of my regular handles.

I decided I wanted a gold tone postwar Tech to match my silver one:
tempImageBHQzhx.jpg

Not a bad find! Just a couple scratches on the cap:
tempImagef2SmWQ.jpg

I had also just picked up a spare cap with the diamond/arrow logo so as to make the match better:
tempImageyUQCNX.jpg

And voila! We have a match:
tempImageGssaoE.jpg

I'm really happy with the results.

I decided I wanted a gold tone postwar Tech to match my silver one:
View attachment 1228972
Not a bad find! Just a couple scratches on the cap:
View attachment 1228974
I had also just picked up a spare cap with the diamond/arrow logo so as to make the match better:
View attachment 1228977
And voila! We have a match:
View attachment 1228979
I'm really happy with the results.
Love it. The gold-tone post-war Tech is one of my favorite razors. I find that most people around here shy away from the gold-tone razors; I know the plating was very thin, but if you take good care of it, it holds up really well. I just like the way it looks, to be honest. Somehow seems more “old school” that way.
Anyway, good score.

Top Bottom