What's new

What are you unpacking/ opening today, show pics or video, we love pics

Georgetown Pottery G12 scuttle and West Coast Shaving 26mm Silvertip brush.
Scuttle and Brush.jpg

Forgive my ignorance, but how exactly do you use those soaps? They look to be roughly the size of a quarter. I've only ever used soap pucks that you (or at least I) drop into a shaving mug and let dissolve while I build up a lather on my brush. Thanks!
Each sample looks to be enough soap for at least 2-3 shaves. The soap is relatively soft, not hard like a puck. You scoop/cut about an almond-sized amount, spread it out in the bottom of the bowl and start forming the lather with a damp brush, adding water as you go. I've seen people use everything from coins to tongue depressors to their finger to scoop and spread the soap; I'm going to use a small squeegee from a phone screen protector kit.

This came home with me today:
New Razor.JPG

My WCS 84S ceased working after my shave on the 26th. Apparently, the tip of the cap's screw broke off inside the handle. Abraham at WCS quickly processed a replacement after I sent a picture. However, the new 84S won't arrive till mid February, and as I refuse to use a cartridge for tomorrow's (29 Jan) shave, the Vander Hagen will serve as a reliable standby.

QShave Stand and Bowl from a previous sale!

Warning: According to QShave's Stand description, the brush opening is 2.8cm(1.1") wide. However, I measured it at only 2.68cm(1.05") wide, so, if you have a brush any bigger than that, it won't fit. (That's what s-)

QShaveStand1.jpg

QShaveBowl.jpg

Attachments

• QShaveStand.jpg
    QShaveStand.jpg
    411.4 KB · Views: 12
  • firefox_rNk.png
    firefox_rNk.png
    75.1 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
What have we here?

DSCN4782_compressed.JPG

Is this what I think it is?

DSCN4783_compressed.JPG

Yes! Windrose handles in aluminium. I bought them purely for the functionality, but I'm impressed with the presentation.

DSCN4784_compressed.JPG

DSCN4785_compressed.JPG

Here is the fatter of the two handles, fitted to my favourite ATG and tidy-up head, the Game Changer .68.

DSCN4786_compresssed.JPG

It doesn't show up well in the picture, but the knurling is great. The entire rig (Windrose handle, Game Changer .68 SB head + Astra SP) feels as light as a starving sparrow (51g by my scales).

I'm looking forward to testing it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom