What's new

What are you unpacking/ opening today, show pics or video, we love pics

Here is my latest unpacking. I still have 3 more colognes in inbound.

24258F96-7829-4E39-861C-D79B6D2D29DE.jpeg
0A3F6700-4F25-4524-84AA-FEE7F8DF44E4.jpeg
E4E14004-F636-4AEB-8969-560EB4C308DC.jpeg

My first ever order from Connaught in England. I ordered some SE Personna blades and this Bignoli soap. I can get all the Bignoli soaps here in Canada except this one, so I grabbed it. It’s a Christmas edition, but it smells like pine. Lots and lots of pine. Nothing else, just pine. The piniest pine you’ve ever smelled. Pine, pine pine...
View attachment 1146582View attachment 1146584

Are you sure you don't smell the pine?

Had a couple beautiful items arrive the last couple days.

The first is a lightly used Karve brass razor bought from a forum member. I've had my eye out for one; this one has the A, B, and C plates (I'm a guy that needs a fairly mild razor so this is just right for me I think, I'll start with the B).

IMG_7515.jpg

Next up is this beautiful little shaving bowl from Doug Smith Pottery procured from Etsy. I like the size and its beautiful, with nice texture in the bottom to help lather.

I like that its rather shallow - even though it results in some spilling lather, I hate having my brush clonking around the sides of deeper bowls so this helps with that. I guess you can't tell scale from the picture, but its perhaps 4" in diameter. Bigger than a mug, but smaller than the average bowl. Fits in the palm of the hand without being tiny - perfect for me.

IMG_7516.jpg

Some days ago I got my two etsy items I had ordered some time ago. I got a full set(BT, HT, FC) of Egyptian cotton towels with my initials embroided, they are veeeerry nice, much better looking than in the pictures. If anyone is interested they can PM me(so that it doesn't look like product placement) and I can give you the details for the guy who makes them, there are all sorts of colour combinations. Aaaand a nice leather sack(really sorry for the bad pictures) in which I will hold all of my shaving stuff, for now, later in life I might use it for travel :))))
TR6rLgzU0tY.jpg
VIH125PRHTE.jpg
y3HiIEXaGrs.jpg
nMhpnulA2Gk.jpg

First up, I got finally got my Dad's 1976 Q4 Super Speed back from restoration today!!
They re-plated the doors and guard, but left the handle and flair tip alone.

IMG_5686.JPG

IMG_5687.JPG

IMG_5688.JPG

IMG_5689.JPG

Next up is a pair of razors I bought mainly for the Super Speed case. I will use the case for my Dad's razor. The flair tip needs some attention to the handle, but the doors, T-bar, and guard cleaned up nicely. The other razor.. well, it might get sent off to be restored at a future date..
The case is in great shape. No cracks, and no crazing in the lid. Dad's Super Speed will look nice in it when it's not in use.
IMG_5700.JPG

Top Bottom