What's new

What are you unpacking/ opening today, show pics or video, we love pics

Nice one! How do you like the razors? Which one do you like beat and how do they compare to your other razors?

I just used the Homelike Start 1.18, which was the last of the trio I needed to try out. All are very smooth shavers but I think my favorite was the Charcoal Goods, followed by the Start and then Carbon. Something about the weight and the feeling of copper made the CG seem effortless.

The Homelike is the most aggressive razor I own. Blade feel was there but smooth and efficient. Didn't feel like a 1.18 blade gap at all. I honestly think it felt comparable to the Carbon. I really enjoy how comfortable the Carbon handle is but it may be a little redundant since I also have the RazoRock GC 84, which has a very similar head. My last two razors are the Merkur 34G and Karve Brass C, which I both love, but would take any of my other razors over them.

I plan to use these three new razors exclusively for the next month or two. My mind may change after a few more shaves!

I have a mid-May appointment with Chris at Razor Plate. His rave reviews are all over the site. I'm also getting my NEW SC done in gold. I'll be sure and post pics as soon as they're done! I'm pretty excited.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Awesome. I have never seen a plated karve before. Usually just the vintage stuff I see plated.

I just used the Homelike Start 1.18, which was the last of the trio I needed to try out. All are very smooth shavers but I think my favorite was the Charcoal Goods, followed by the Start and then Carbon. Something about the weight and the feeling of copper made the CG seem effortless.

The Homelike is the most aggressive razor I own. Blade feel was there but smooth and efficient. Didn't feel like a 1.18 blade gap at all. I honestly think it felt comparable to the Carbon. I really enjoy how comfortable the Carbon handle is but it may be a little redundant since I also have the RazoRock GC 84, which has a very similar head. My last two razors are the Merkur 34G and Karve Brass C, which I both love, but would take any of my other razors over them.

I plan to use these three new razors exclusively for the next month or two. My mind may change after a few more shaves!
Thanks. Enjoy the shaves! How is the grip on the homelike razor?

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Central Texas Soaps Sandalwood, Cherry Pipe, and two samples(Mr. Pepper and Hill Country Dew...soda scents).

proxy.php

Sir, this is the first time I hear about this "Central Texas Soaps" artisan. Is it new? Also, the ingredients list looks very good.

It would be nice if you (or someone else) could produce a write-up for us to read.

Sir, this is the first time I hear about this "Central Texas Soaps" artisan. Is it new? Also, the ingredients list looks very good.

It would be nice if you (or someone else) could produce a write-up for us to read.

Hey Marco I’ve been using their Tobacco & Amber soap for a few months now and I really enjoy it. I actually just posted a review about an hour ago [emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Central Texas Soaps Sandalwood, Cherry Pipe, and two samples(Mr. Pepper and Hill Country Dew...soda scents).

proxy.php

You got an aftershave too. Very cool. Would love to know what you think of it. I really lime their Tobacco and Amber soap but I find the scent very mild. Assuming the aftershave packs more of a punch scent-wise.

You got an aftershave too. Very cool. Would love to know what you think of it. I really lime their Tobacco and Amber soap but I find the scent very mild. Assuming the aftershave packs more of a punch scent-wise.

The aftershave's scent strength is strong, and lasts a few hours. [emoji1360]

Top Bottom