What's new

What are you unpacking/ opening today, show pics or video, we love pics

All the way from a small village on the coast of France. A Leresche #51 set box (only) 1930s-50s. A Leresche #190 3 piece OC razor NOS from the 60ies and several tucks of both vintage Gillette and French made DE blades. In the mail is a Leresche #51 Razor only from a B&B member. The correct Leresche Razor will soon be in this box.
Leresche 190 KISS blade.jpg

Last edited:

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
Today my delivery was a Ming Shi Futur clone with 5 Ming Shi blades.

IMG_20200108_084726.jpg

I was very impressed with the quality of this razor, particularly for the price of w3ell under USD10. I bought two of these razors, one for my carry-on dopp bag and one to give to a Filipino friend of mine to introduce him to wet shaving (he is currently a cart man).

I used this razor this morning with the supplied blade, setting 3 WTG and 1 ATG. I was very impressed with the result. Don't know how long the blade edge will last, I'll have to wait and see.

This is my first DE razor since I switch from a Gillette Slim to carts over 30 years ago. One thing that I have learnt is that once you learn to shave with a DE razor, you never forget.

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
Today a ZY synthetic "pure badger" brush with wooden handle. I bought two for under USD3 each, one as my travelling brush and the other for my Filipino friend.

ZY Brush.jpg
Knot = 20mm
Loft = 50mm
Height = 100mm

The tips are very soft while being much firmer in the body. This is just the way I like it for building a good lather and working it into my whiskers. I face lather.

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
yesterday afternoon I received my first Proraso products.

Proraso Soap.jpg Proraso Preshave.jpg
Previously I have been using and was happy with Nivea for Men shave cream. This morning I tried the Proraso shave cream and entered a new world of shaving pleasure. I haven't used the pre-shave yet as I like to only try one new thing at a time to determine the difference. I will give the pre-shave a go next week.

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
Today I received a USB "microscope". It works with Windows, Mac and Linux. I'm a Linux man.

USB Microscope.jpg
Magnification is at about 60x. I find it interesting to use looking at my edges. Here is an edge off my 3k natural whetstone.

#2 Edge01.jpg
The bevel height is about 0.35mm (0.014")

I've been on a bit of a synthetic kick as of late, so I picked up this (supposedly) First Gen Plisson. The tips on this knot are super soft! Does anyone know when this brush may have been made? I'm thinking the knot is 22 or 24mm, but not sure on that either.

Attachments

• IMG_3660.JPG
    IMG_3660.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 10
Top Bottom