What's new

What are you unpacking/ opening today, show pics or video, we love pics

Love those bottles. I don’t own any Stirling AS yet, but those bottles make me want to try some
Stirling has a great aftershave sampler program. I highly recommend so you can try for yourself. I believe it is $10 for 4 sample size bottles. I have the Sandpiper, Executive Man, Baker Street and Arkadia. I will add Island Man and Bay Rum soon. This after sampling 16 of their scents.

Stirling has a great aftershave sampler program. I highly recommend so you can try for yourself. I believe it is $10 for 4 sample size bottles. I have the Sandpiper, Executive Man, Baker Street and Arkadia. I will add Island Man and Bay Rum soon. This after sampling 16 of their scents.

Great idea. Thanks. May pick up a few soap samples while I’m at it.

The Opuntia is very nice as is the Felce, so much so that I have the Manna di Sicilia incoming (also 4.3 beta formula). I am new to SV soaps and I am very impressed. Enough that between the SV, MdC and Tabac, I could pass on all other soaps for the next couple of years.

As for the Stirling bottles, they are rather utilitarian in the flask style, but they fit nicely in my cabinet when stacked side by side. It's the juice on the inside that really impresses me and a great value as well.

I’m so glad to hear this! These are all such amazing soaps! I think the MDC you have would easily last you 4-5 years then add in the SV and I bet you have soap for 8-9 years right there!

I really like the Stirling samples you gave me, I may have to give them a second look. I tried stirling when the first came out and I hated their soap, but part of that was likely due to my hard water and them being new to the soap business. I really should give them another look in the next few years.

Congratulations Tom!

Matt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After Saturday's MMOC, today saw two more arrivals.
View attachment 1002117
First up, all the way from Italy ...
View attachment 1002118
View attachment 1002119
Full blade Universal shavette, Lama Intera and a truck of Derby's.
View attachment 1002120

Next ...
View attachment 1002121
Torrey 232 to compliment my "Our 136". Guess I need to get it cleaned up and honed by next Tuesday.View attachment 1002122
View attachment 1002123
And now I settle in for the August GRUME...
That Torrey is going to an awesome shaver.

Cleaned and honed it Monday and shaved with it on Torrey Tuesday. I think I have a little more work to do on the edge, but yes, a really nice shave. It shaves like a heavier grind than it is, which is very much to my liking. A very different experience than my "Our 136".

And another shaving brush arrived today:
proxy.php

Mail call!

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

That poor Twizzler is taunting me. It’s more carbs than I consume in a day.

proxy.php

Hello there, replated SC NEW head on the RE replica handle!

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Mail call today before the August GRUME starts.
IMG_20190731_154852-01.jpeg

IMG_20190731_155025-01.jpeg

What in the world?
IMG_20190731_155039-01.jpeg

ERUSTA 6!
IMG_20190731_155106-01.jpeg

Honestly, not sure if this is only a "hair shaper" or can be used as a "shavette" similar to the Razorine. Guess we'll find out...

Nothing fancy, but there are two!
IMG_20190801_171517-01.jpeg

First up ...
IMG_20190801_171810.jpg

Blade samplers! Durhum Duplex, GEM, and a Shavette sampler.

Next ...
IMG_20190801_171914-01.jpeg

IMG_20190801_172007-01.jpeg

Crown and Sword 1166! Needs a little love, but should turn out beautiful.

tzimisce mystery box!!!.jpg
I was lucky enough to win these amazing items on a Greek wetshaving forum. Sorry for the blurry picture. The wetshaving community is truly amazing. Very generous gentleman I hope he gets to see this :)

proxy.php

A new Artisan, Responder Owned soap/aftershave maker in St. Louis, MO, sent these to me earlier this week.

I am on a work trip in Washington DC, for the week and plan on extensively testing them out! :)

Mail call!

proxy.php

proxy.php

It’s not what it looks like.

proxy.php

Hello there, Not an Aristocrat!

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

I’m not sure which No. this one is. Weight is about 85g. Tray is stamped Brit. Pat. 694093. Bottom is stamped with II.

Last edited:
Gentlemen: Yesterday, Amazon delivered my Parker 99R TTO razor! It will replace, for now, my Van der Hagen razor in my rotation.
Parker 99R.JPG

The Van der Hagen is to light-weight for me to handle with my arthritic right hand.

I also received a tuck of 5 Parker blades, what has been your experience(s) with these blades?

Top Bottom