What's new

What are you unpacking/ opening today, show pics or video, we love pics

These beauties were waiting for me when I got off the road today.

PAA DOC 2.jpg
PAA DOC.jpg
WUNDERBAR 2.jpg
WUNDERBAR Head.jpg
WUNDERBAR.jpg

A Van der Hagen razor 'fell' into my hands at WalMart yesterday! My Merkur 1904's Weber Bulldog handle keeps coming loose while shaving--even with minimal pressure.
Great results from the VDH razor using a Personna Red blade.

I ordered one of each of the Captain's Choice copper bowls - standard and heavier weighted. Both are great and can't decide which one I like best.

Everything else pictured was sent as free samples. Very gracious and I appreciate it very much!

IMG_0232.JPG

I ordered one of each of the Captain's Choice copper bowls - standard and heavier weighted. Both are great and can't decide which one I like best.

Everything else pictured was sent as free samples. Very gracious and I appreciate it very much!

View attachment 972486
I've been on the fence on which on to get. I have the ceramic version. I do wish the heavy had a rolled edge. Can't wait for your review!!!

I've been on the fence on which on to get. I have the ceramic version. I do wish the heavy had a rolled edge. Can't wait for your review!!!

I just had to build test lathers in each today (sorry, no pics). Each feel fine in the hand but, to me, the standard one is just enough weight and feels just heavy enough not to feel cheap (light). I did prefer the rolled edge as well as it adds just a touch more in refinement (to my eye). That said, I could get use to the heavier model and use it every day but given I have both side by side, the standard bowl wins out. It's less expensive, too :001_smile.

I just had to build test lathers in each today (sorry, no pics). Each feel fine in the hand but, to me, the standard one is just enough weight and feels just heavy enough not to feel cheap (light). I did prefer the rolled edge as well as it adds just a touch more in refinement (to my eye). That said, I could get use to the heavier model and use it every day but given I have both side by side, the standard bowl wins out. It's less expensive, too :001_smile.
Thank you!

Some mail call, some from the wild.

This bag contains one purchase, and two gifts.

proxy.php

The enablers in the DE forum made the Dollar Tree purchase in the middle happen. It doesn’t look as bad as I thought it would!

proxy.php

The kind gentleman at one of my regular antique stops gave me the OS bottle and Schick Injector when I walked in today. We talk about my collection, and he found these at his house recently. Pretty cool of him!

The mail awaits!

proxy.php

proxy.php

Hello there, Frankentechplex!

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Hello there, ABC!

proxy.php

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member

proxy.php

The enablers in the DE forum made the Dollar Tree purchase in the middle happen. It doesn’t look as bad as I thought it would!

proxy.php

The kind gentleman at one of my regular antique stops gave me the OS bottle and Schick Injector when I walked in today. We talk about my collection, and he found these at his house recently. Pretty cool of him!

The mail awaits!

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Hello there, ABC!

proxy.php
Nice haul Todd, the Frankentech looks interesting.

proxy.php

proxy.php

The mail awaits!

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Hello there, ABC!

proxy.php

You have a serious problem.

Fine Platinum AS Splash. Went to buy new blades (Gilette 7 o’clock Yellow) and left the shop with the AS. Looking forward to next shave :001_smile.

Top Bottom