What's new

what are you snacking on today?

Last night no bread, just dip a spoon in the jar and put the peanut butter on the banana. Sometimes I do spread the peanut butter on bread and put thin slices of banana on top. I think peanut butter and banana are really good together, just like peanut butter on apples.

IMG_20200924_162021991.jpg

Curly Fries

Handful or two of these..they taste 100% like a dorito cheese supreme

Attachments

• C2F47FD6-71D3-4C9B-B59D-491C2F932A19.jpeg
    C2F47FD6-71D3-4C9B-B59D-491C2F932A19.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 2

Old Hippie

Somewhere between 61 and dead
Crisy rye crackers with homemade peanut-butter-with-bacon :001_wub: and an apple fresh off a tree in the orchard.

Might as well eat all the apples I can. We're losing the orchard to a pipeline project. This is the last harvest.

O.H.

pumpkin caramel cream cake warmed up.......with some extra powdered sugar thrown on top.

well the wife let me have a couple bites of hers.
20200929_190627.jpg

camo

Crisy rye crackers with homemade peanut-butter-with-bacon :001_wub: and an apple fresh off a tree in the orchard.

Might as well eat all the apples I can. We're losing the orchard to a pipeline project. This is the last harvest.

O.H.

sorry for the loss of the orchard @Old Hippie

hope you were justly compensated.........but then again......how do you put a price on something like that???? especially if generational held land.

be well.

camo

Old Hippie

Somewhere between 61 and dead
sorry for the loss of the orchard @Old Hippie

hope you were justly compensated.........but then again......how do you put a price on something like that???? especially if generational held land.

be well.

camo

Thanks. It's bittersweet. It's not generational but we built it up from just a couple of straggly trees planted by the former owner. Orchard, terraced levels of growing space, asparagus patch, berries, nuts -- plus fences and water lines and all that stuff.

The "compensation" is an easement agreed under threat of eminent domain. We will have the opportunity to partially rebuild and have managed to find an area where we can put young trees and they won't threaten the pipe.

Probably the hardest moment was three years ago when all this started with a site survey. The agronomist who did the soil testing said he'd never been on an organic farm with such perfectly balanced soil. Best land on the entire place, and that's where it's going.

O.H.

Wanted to try a tin of mac and cheese...yea nah i think i like homemade better...had to put curry powder in it to make it taste better 😂👎

Wanted to try a tin of mac and cheese...yea nah i think i like homemade better...had to put curry powder in it to make it taste better 😂👎
I didn't know it came in a tin! Just about everything homemade is better though, except pizza. Was it better or worse than a box of dried mac mac & cheese though?

100x worse...like hmmm a really...really bad tasting cream cheese spread....on kids pasta 😂

Attachments

• 28E9C437-9E78-4AE0-91A1-C804828F4DD2.jpeg
    28E9C437-9E78-4AE0-91A1-C804828F4DD2.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 1
Top Bottom