What's new

What Are You Reading?

Any idea where I can find a complete set of the John Carter series? One volume would be great but if they are matching PBs or HCs, that'll do.

Last edited by a moderator:
currently: 1984 by Orwell

about to start:

Jasper Fforde - Shades of Grey
not to be confused with "Fifty Shades of Grey", based on a dystopian world where your social status is based on which colors you are able to see.
3 part series, really looking forward to getting into it.

I also just finished a re-read of The Hobbit, although I waited until after I saw the movie to re-read it. Fun to pick out the differences in reading it.

Since finishing that, I've started on The Street Lawyer by John Grisham. I'm a pretty big fan of just about everything Grisham, so it should be an enjoyable read. After that, who knows what it'll be...

Just spent a long weekend at the beach and while there I finished Tom Wolfe's The Kandy-Kolored Tangerine-Flake Streamline Baby (some of his early essays and shorts, the one on Junior Johnson is a great read) and started We Die Alone: A WWII Epic of Escape and Endurance by David Howarth. Amazing book so far about a Norwegian commando's escape and survival. On the flight home to Chicago from Florida I got through about 120 of the 230 pages. Couldn't put it down.

$0062025821.jpg

Top Bottom