What's new

What Are You Reading?

proxy.php

I love this one, and much more than 1984.
I may have liked this one a little more than 1984. AF shows how authoritarianism takes root. 1984 shows it in its established brutality
Just finished Animal Farm, I would have to agree with both of you AF was much more enjoyable to read compared to 1984. @oc_in_fw you are spot on with your analysis in AF showing how it takes root, and ‘84 showing it established. Both books do a good job of drawing attention to and illuminating what is, as history proves, inevitable and what can/will happen with/in that type of society.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
proxy.php

Just started today
That book is so great that it is hard to believe the same author wrote Closing Time (sequel to Catch 22). I have never wanted to burn a book until I read CT. :)
The Cardinal of the Kremlin by Tom Clancy.
I saw it on my bookshelf and I hadn't read it in a while so I started reading it again. This is a great book!

View attachment 1277139
That and Without Remorse are my two favorite Clancy novels.

“For Whom The Bell Tolls” by Hemingway. I am enjoying this one the most after reading “The Sun Also Rises” “A Farewell to Arms” “Death in the Afternoon” and “To Have and to Have Not.”

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
“For Whom The Bell Tolls” by Hemingway. I am enjoying this one the most after reading “The Sun Also Rises” “A Farewell to Arms” “Death in the Afternoon” and “To Have and to Have Not.”
Have you done Old Man and the Sea? A bit short, but a great, sad story.

Top Bottom