What's new

What Are You Reading?

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Just finished: The Devil in the White City by Eric Larsen.

I'm reading The Devil in the White City now. It's my third book by this author. The others were his new book about Churchill and the Blitz, and his book about the US ambassador to Germany in 1933. All three are excellent in my opinion, and enjoyable.

It's straight history but written in the style of fiction. Not historical fiction, but it reads as if it were.

Quite well done.

Happy shaves,

Jim

I am finishing up the Jack Reacher The Persuader. I have to say this book took a turn for the really good about 2/3s of the way through. This is not the Reacher enters a small town and good people scenario that has come to be the Reacher plot line book after book and I think it is much better for it. Also, Reacher is not so much the unhurtable, cool as ice superman, which is also a better thing. A great Reacher book.

"The Martian".

The book that the movie with Matt Damon was taken from. About halfway through, the movie followed the book very closely - about the only changes are alot of the scientific and technical jargon in the book was left out of the movie. Obviously for run time sake. I find it doesn't detract from the film but makes the book interesting as heck.

[ goodreads ]

proxy.php

Recently finished H is for Hawk by Helen Macdonald and Manhattan Beach by Jennifer Egan.

I'm now into Barbarian Days by William Finnegan

JWCowboy

Probably not Al Bundy
Recently finished H is for Hawk by Helen Macdonald and Manhattan Beach by Jennifer Egan.

I'm now into Barbarian Days by William Finnegan

I read Barbarian Days a while back and H is for Hawk is on my to read list. Hmm.....I wonder if someone else is looking at a famous individual's reading list as well from time to time ;)

Chef455

Head Cheese Head Chef
Thank you, good sir.

Just downloaded the app and emailed my local library for a library card #.
My pleasure. It can be a bit of a wait for new titles, but otherwise it's terrific. I do prefer to read the books that I borrow on the kindle app which is really easy to link with your library account(s). But the reader in Libby is fine too. While you are at it you can download Kanopy for films and documentaries. Limited to 10 a month but I have found oodles of good stuff. Library = good.

I read Barbarian Days a while back and H is for Hawk is on my to read list. Hmm.....I wonder if someone else is looking at a famous individual's reading list as well from time to time ;)
A good reading list? Do tell! I get alot of my suggestions from a book podcast I listen to.

I just started The Sea Wolf by Jack London. I allowed myself to forget how good his sea story novels are! A mistake I won't allow to happen again soon.

James Bond, the Warren Ellis Collection--bound copy of some superior Dynamite comic book series of original Bond stories. As is usual with "graphic novel" Bonds, a bit of a hybrid between the movie and book Bond. Very entertaining, and a nice break from longer books.

JWCowboy

Probably not Al Bundy
A good reading list? Do tell! I get alot of my suggestions from a book podcast I listen to.

A certain former politician. One that is articulate, intelligent, well spoken, and actually reads books. ;) He puts out his reading list every year and I'm 100% certain both of those titles were on it a couple of years ago.

Top Bottom