What's new

What Are You Reading?

I have been reading science fiction novels nowadays.
Isaac Asimov - I Robot
Jules Verne - From the Earth to the Moon
H.G Wells - Invisible Man
Arthur C. Clarke - Childhood's End

Me too!

I'm wrapping up Ursula K. LeGuin's "The Dispossessed" and having just seen the trailer for the new Dune remake, I checked out the book from the local library.

I read it years ago and I was going to re-read it on the 50th anniversary of its publication but other books got in the way. Now seemed a good time.

Me too!

I'm wrapping up Ursula K. LeGuin's "The Dispossessed" and having just seen the trailer for the new Dune remake, I checked out the book from the local library.

I read it years ago and I was going to re-read it on the 50th anniversary of its publication but other books got in the way. Now seemed a good time.
Both are great books.
The dune universe created by the author is very complicated and exciting.
Have a nice reading sir. I read again the first book of the series a few months ago. What a happiness to get inside the world of Dune.

This is excellent and one of my go tos for bread recipes.

Whilliam

First Class Citizen
Just finished "The Vapors," by David Hill. Hot times in Hot Springs, Arkansas. Fun stuff.

Now settling in with Kurt Andersen's "Turn of the Century."

shavefan

I’m not a fan
Re-reading Empire of Illusion, Chris Hedges 2008. After over 10 years since my first read, it seems foretelling, and poignant.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Very raw! I like it so far.

4DF7F6A8-E9D9-47FE-864A-2A308B7552C5.jpeg

Very raw! I like it so far.

View attachment 1155608
Bukowski is great!

Listening to the new Woodward book and the Michael Cohen book. Not my usual thing. Kind of tedious, really. Woodward seems like any other Woodward book. Seemingly well-researched and written. A tad too all knowing. Cohen is surprisingly funny, self-deprecating. I am sure there were ghost writers. It is nicely written. I really cannot follow all that is supposedly going on in either book.

Re-reading Poul Anderson's first novel, Brain Wave, from 1954. The world suddenly discovers that the intelligence of all mammals has increased by a factor of five. This one is written in a plainer style than his sometimes too-colorful prose, and it deals neatly with both the consequences to the world of this colossal change, and with the disruptions to the intimate lives of several of the characters.

About halfway thru the Mistborn Trilogy by Brandon Sanderson. I love it but it is loooong.

My first modern epic fantasy novel and I am enjoying reading it at my own pace.

Top Bottom