What's new

What Are You Reading?

Kilroy6644

Smoking a corn dog in aviators and a top hat
"A History of the English-Speaking People's," by Winston Churchill. Just started volume 1 yesterday.

Getting back into reading for pleasure.
Recently - Men at Arms - Terry Pratchett
Hydrogen Sonata - Iain M Banks
Runes of the Earth - Stephen R Donaldson
Fatal Revenant - Stephen R Donaldson (current)

With Against All Things Ending and The Last Dark (Donaldson} on deck via eBay, and Matter (Banks) on Nook.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
All these people reading books but no photos of our bookcases. Here’s my meager collection. Which includes the very first book I ever purchased. The Far Side Gallery 5 back in 1995 from the Bookmobile in 5th grade. Or 4th. It was around there somewhere.

On another note, there are several books in there I haven’t read yet. And some I‘d like to read again. So I think before I continue reading what’s on my ipad I‘m going to pick a book from the case and start reading them all.

069DDE62-F868-4FCF-8D39-7F88AD2ED76A.jpeg

C0E9F1AE-1524-4D53-A8E0-42FA257D0339.jpeg

The Only Story by Julian Barnes.

In the Sense of an Ending he had some very sensitive insights into how it feels to be an older man:

"My life continued. I recommend books to the sick, the recovering, the dying (as a retiree he works in the library of the local hospital). I read a book or two myself. I put out my recycling."

All these people reading books but no photos of our bookcases. Here’s my meager collection. Which includes the very first book I ever purchased. The Far Side Gallery 5 back in 1995 from the Bookmobile in 5th grade. Or 4th. It was around there somewhere.

On another note, there are several books in there I haven’t read yet. And some I‘d like to read again. So I think before I continue reading what’s on my ipad I‘m going to pick a book from the case and start reading them all.

View attachment 1028386

View attachment 1028387

Nice bookshelf picture, Jason. :thumbup:

Whilliam

First Class Citizen
"Holy Ghost" by John Sandford. Read almost all the "Lucas Davenport" books; now working my way through the "Virgil Flowers" series. Great fun!

For me I'm now into An Elegant Defense. Interesting presentation on the current state of knowledge -- and how we got there -- regarding the human immune system. It is a very approachable read.

Nice bookshelf picture, Jason. :thumbup:
I agree. I am tempted to say my library has only two books in it, and I have not even finished coloring one of them!

I am almost finished Walter Mosley's Charcoal Joe, the latest and 14th in the Easy Rawlins series. 2016. It has been a while for me since i have tried a new book in this series after really liking the first four or so. Seems like I tried a couple or so after those but could not make it through them. if he ever lost it, I would say Mosley has his mojo back for this one. Indelible characters. Great action and plot.

Anyone into this series that has an opinion as to which of them are the best. I am picking out the next book to read.

Top Bottom